Head of Editorial
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your experience, skills and knowledge to lead an editorial team to success? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Head of Editorial position is a leadership role within our Selfridges Creative team, reporting to our Director of Multimedia Creative and Editorial. The position leads an Editorial team comprising of Editors and Copywriters to deliver impactful brand messages and compelling editorial content across both the store and digital experience. The role requires strong skills in leadership, copywriting and brand positioning, always with a focus on customer experience, brand storytelling and commerciality.
As Head of Editorial, you will –
- Lead and inspire a team of Editors and Copywriters to effectively manage workflow, develop skills and ensure Selfridges’ output is of an industry-leading standard.
- Operate as guardian of the Selfridges Tone of Voice across all customer facing communications.
- Develop innovative concepts for key campaigns and content, drawing on insights to create customer-focused messaging that sets Selfridges apart in its vision to reinvent retail.
- Oversee a wide range of messaging across various channels and formats, including store signage, CRM, editorial features, internal positioning documents, packaging and wayfinding.
- Show a strong understanding of commerciality, working with the Managing Editor to ensure that messaging and content planning has a strong customer focus and responds to business priorities.
- Partner effectively with peers across the business, such as Buying & Merchandising, Digital Trading and Optimisation and Retail Operations as well as those within immediate peer group such as Head of Art Direction and Head of Digital Design – to build class leading content for our customers.
A bit about you
How you’ll do it…you will be:
- A highly skilled brand copywriter who can create impactful, unexpected, and compelling messaging for a wide range of channels and formats – from digital advertising to store windows.
- An insightful and customer focused creative Leader who can develop brand positioning materials and content strategies for key campaigns, showing a strong understanding of Selfridges’ brand, customer needs and 360 campaigns.
- Experience in leading and inspiring a team of Editors and Copywriters to deliver high quality, brand-enhancing copy and content across all channels, including CRM, store, editorial and marketing.
- A skilled editor who can mentor and develop writers while ensuring all content is clear, accurate and brand-enhancing.
- A strong understanding of ecommerce, with experience of working with UX, social and online trading teams.
- A keen interest in fashion, the arts, sustainability, and design.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development