Learning and Development Advisor - 12 Month FTC - Internal Applicants Only
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of the business to take our learning solutions and our Big Yellow Welcome induction at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Learning and Development Advisor, you will work as part of the Learning and Development (L&D) Team to deliver and co-develop integrated learning solutions in line with business needs and with a particular focus on supporting our service proposition, and the Big Yellow Welcome induction process. You will work collaboratively with the L&D Consultant, wider L&D Team and Store Management to identify, plan and deliver training solutions aligned with business needs and priorities. This role is critical in helping Selfridges to provide service that Inspires People and Enables Success through training and developing our team members, providing an extraordinary induction experience and supporting the business objectives. The focus is on strong facilitation skills.
As part of this, you will be responsible for:
- Deliver the unique Selfridges spirit and role model our values to delegates on induction workshops for management and non-management team members
- Deliver learning and training programmes, to an exceptional standard, and in a way which reflects the Selfridges Values
- Support team members to deliver an extraordinary customer experience
- Deliver workshops from the learning framework and bespoke workshops designed for particular business needs
- Co-develop training sessions with the Learning Consultants to reflect the Values and support the business needs for team members
- Work collaboratively to support all Learning and Development programmes/initiatives to support business priorities
- Support Managers to deliver training and on-the-job learning solutions including on the job induction
Relationship & Stakeholder Management
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, management teams and the wider HR team
- Support the L&D Consultants and Managers to consult with key stakeholders to identify business requirements and build engagement
- Develop a consistently comprehensive knowledge of the business and stakeholders
- Observe and give feedback on delivery style to Managers who facilitate Knowledge sessions and training sessions to support their development
- Give and receive feedback and encourage others to do so, over and above the formal processes, promoting a learning culture
Co-ordination, Administration & Evaluation of L&D Activity
- Work collaboratively with the LDAs across all stores to keep the four elements of TBYW (induction, management induction, concession manager induction and Take To The Stage) efficient and aligned
- Continually review and support the TBYW elements (induction, concession manager induction and Take to the stage) throughout the year by seeking feedback from delegates and key stakeholders and make required changes to content
- Induction admin including My Workday admin (uploading booking sheets and updating attendance) managed daily ensuring inductions operate effectively and provide an extraordinary experience for our team members and managers and meet the KPIs at all times
- Take ownership to ensure all Induction related collateral is always available across all stores, Helpdesk enquiries are managed within expected KPIs, Induction enquires (both email and phone) and concession charges are also managed to an exceptional standard and meet expected deadlines and efficient management of Induction name badges
- Co-ordinate training and learning solutions outside of TBYW as required and carry out the necessary administration on My Workday Learning ensuring accurate and up-to-date records and evaluation
- Work with the L&D Consultant and L&D Manager to continually review, discuss and implement recommendations for improvement of the current L&D offer
- Take responsibility for delivering commercially focused results and considering costs
- Support the L&D Consultant and L&D Manager to evaluate training solutions, ensuring key learns/feedback are documented and communicated in a clear and timely format
- Ensure all learning & development facilities are maintained to the highest standard and fit for purpose
Communication & Collaboration
- Share and collaborate on L&D initiatives across the team and wider HR community to ensure best practice and continuous improvement
- Share learning, experience and materials across the all stores to ensure consistency of best practice
- Actively promote learning and development (including My Workday Learning) through management team briefs, appropriate meeting forums and team communication channels as appropriate
A bit about you
- Experience of training and facilitating learning solutions
- Experience of operating within a service-focused culture
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an engaging facilitation style
- Highly organised and proven attention to detail – the ability to manage changing priorities is key
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to influence managers and key stakeholders appropriately
- Highly flexible
- The ability to work both independently as well as collaborate across the wider team, on site and remotely
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Self-aware and competent in giving and receiving feedback
- Commercially aware
- Continuously critically appraises own output
- Experience of working with a diverse range of audiences
- Illustrates a pragmatic approach to forward planning and strategic thinking, to provide proactive solutions to ongoing business needs
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development