Release Manager - Digital
Are you looking for a new Release Manager role that gives you the chance to get creative and use your skills and knowledge to deliver technical changes for Selfridges Digital Service Line? Are you craving autonomy and a new role that gives you the opportunity to collaborate with others to have a meaningful contribution to our business strategy? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Release Manager you will organise, direct and manage activities for delivering technical changes for the Selfridges Digital Domain. You will be responsible for ensuring the capture, management, planning and coordination of the Release requirements for the Digital Domain, from reviewing designs, planning environments, managing releases and supporting testing through Test stages and into Live Service. This role is focused on, but not limited to CX, Mobile App and Salesforce releases.
As Release Manager you will:
- Be the primary contact for stakeholders from the Digital Domain for anything related to Release or Environment policies and processes, as well as details of current and future Releases in plan
- Managing releases through an Agile Delivery Lifecycle across at multiple Agile teams
- Collaborate with Service Delivery teams, Delivery Squads, Development & Deployment Partners and Test teams to build, integrate, test and deliver Releases
- Establish regular and repeatable delivery patterns for the applications in scope, using Agile methodologies, as well as collaborate with relevant teams to produce Deployment and Implementation Plans.
- Review requirements, assess delivery options and potential synergies or impact to other work underway
- Plan and establish the technical Test environments needed to successfully support Development and Testing phases of the lifecycle, through to Production deployment
- Support the setup and management of CICD/DevOps Toolchains.
- Evaluate scope and set priorities for Release criteria and product quality requirements
- Ensure the correct mix of resources across Development, Product SMEs and other technical teams are available to deliver each Release
- Track and log all incidents, risks and issues and ensure these are both maintained for the lifecycle and useable for future PIR and lessons learnt activities
A bit about you
- Experienced. You will have extensive experience in a similar Release Management role and have worked in a heavily federated environment, ideally in a fast paced Retail environment with competing priorities
- Experienced at dealing with Digital platforms and applications, such as WCS V6 / V9, AEM, Mobile Apps and supporting services, including DevOps and automation tooling and processes
- Experienced at dealing with the Salesforce Platform
- Knowledgeable of Middleware and Integration Platforms, such as MQ/IIB, TIBCO Mashery and Oracle SOA.
- Knowledgeable. You will be familiar with Infrastructure configuration such as firewalls and connection protocols, as well as Knowledge of Private/Public SSH configuration and have an understanding of data refresh and data obfuscation
- Skilled. You will be ITIL qualified, specifically with a good appreciation of Service Transition and have strong process knowledge of Software development Life Cycles, including Agile
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams at different levels
- Organised and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines with effective time management skills
- Inquisitive. You will continually question current customs and practice, and initiate quality improvements.
- A problem solver. You are able to identify and manage issues and risks in a structured and analytical way
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development