This job has been closed.
A bit about the role
We are transforming the Selfridges digital space and are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to join and help us shape the platform for the future.
We are focused on improving the productivity of the engineering squads via tooling (such as CI pipelines) and core shared capabilities (AWS, Networks, DNS, Etc).
We aim to have everything as infrastructure as code (IaC), use automation everywhere and improve the quality and security on every layer of the product life cycle.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and deliver scalable, distributed, cloud-based infrastructure
- Define infrastructure as code (IaC) patterns
- Build & maintain CI/CD pipelines
- Improve the efficiency of processes through thoughtful automation
- Organise and contribute to the DevOps culture within the wider engineering team
- Troubleshoot issues and ensure constant improvement
A bit about you
You should be highly proactive; take ownership of problems and propose solutions.
You can mentor and coach the wider engineering team using your knowledge and experience to drive improvements across the platform.
You’re passionate about automation and demonstrate a curious mindset, you help identify and avoid performance bottlenecks.
You’re able to communicate complex issues to someone with less knowledge on the subject than you.
You will have knowledge and experience with:
- Infrastructure as Code to build infrastructure at scale ( Terraform / CloudFormation )
- Automated pipelines and deep understanding of web technologies ( GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, Gitlab)
- AWS Services (I.e. API Gateway, Route 53, VPC, Lambda, S3, EC2, RDS, Step Functions, CloudWatch)
- CDN (Cloudflare)
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development