Group Communications Manager
A bit about the role
We are a collection of international department stores that exist to imagine and create a sustainable future for our people and our customers.
The Group is comprised of 5 brands, each iconic in their region: Selfridges in the UK, Brown Thomas Arnotts in Ireland, De Bijenkorf in the Netherlands, and Holt Renfrew in Canada. Across 26 store locations and employing nearly 20,000 people, Selfridges Group has a turnover of £2.2bn. We serve customers globally across all channels and are deeply connected with the fabric of the cities we inhabit.
We put our customers and teams at the heart of everything we do. They care deeply about the environment and we share their high standards. That is why sustainability is central to our ambition to reinvent retail. We believe the future lies in empowering talented people to deliver extraordinary customer experiences within human and planetary boundaries.
This role would report to the Director of Internal Communications for Selfridges and Selfridges Group and they would sit as part of the Group People team day to day working closely with the Group Creative team and Selfridges Communications team. The salary for this role is between £30-40k.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Support the embedding of the Selfridges Group Vision, Purpose, Values and strategy model across our organisation
- Facilitate and support the sharing of information, ideas and best practice across our Group
- Provide internal communications counsel and guidance to Group stakeholders and other key individuals across our businesses as appropriate
- Create a calendar of digital and physical Selfridges Group listening and engagement opportunities within our banners and support their delivery
- Provide oversight and management of key weekly, monthly and quarterly Group forums, helping to shape the agenda, prepare materials and share outputs e.g. Weekly Group Meetings, Business Reviews, Group D&I Council
- Develop internal communication strategies and plans to support Group-wide initiatives and launches e.g. Cultural Assessment, Talent & Reward Schemes, Employee Opinion Survey etc
- Develop two-way channels and forums to communicate Selfridges Group news and information and obtain feedback so we can continuously learn from our ourselves
- Research and write stories and articles for inclusion across different channels and platforms including our new Selfridges Group website
- Compile weekly Group Communications Report
- Manage and oversee our Selfridges Group LinkedIn page, sharing both appropriate Group content and news from across our banners aligned to our overall Vision, Purpose, Values and strategy model
Key Skills & Experience
- Employer brand experience desirable
- Low ego, can operate at a strategic but also tactical level – not afraid to roll up sleeves and support where needed
- Confident, self-assured working with different stakeholders up / down / across the organisation
- Loves what we do and understands the importance of sustainability / changing the way we shop and do business
- Dutch speaking would be advantageous