Packaging Production Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Packaging and passion for sustainability to take Packaging Production at Selfridges to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
What is the role?
To manage the packaging production process for Selfridges Selection own label food packaging and Selfridges brand packaging, that creatively supports the brand strategy and customer experience, delivering exceptional quality packaging, fulfilling Selfridges brand values and business objectives.
As a Packaging Production Manager, you will:
- Take initial creative brief from Head of Graphics and Food Buying and Merchandising, working closely with the Graphic Design team, develop packaging solutions and concepts that will answer the brief both commercially and creatively.
- Project manage the print/production packaging process from inception to delivery including internal teams liaison, artwork proofing, reprographics proofing, print quality and delivery.
- Work with Food technical (part of the B+M food function) to ensure packaging designed is 'fit for purpose' both structurally and in presenting information in a clear and considered way.
- Work with Food B+M to create a product packaging production tracker for all own label products ensuring easy accessibility of all packaging pricing/specifications to all involved in the project.
- Work with Selfridges Procurement in order to deliver exceptional GNFR packaging, on time and within budget; participate in all tender processes associated with brand packaging; facilitate creative sign-off.
- Gather competitive quotes for all packaging print work, challenging suppliers to deliver the best quality print work at the best possible price.
- Pass packaging print work on press when applicable.
- Manage the purchase order process for packaging print, ensuring all printers/suppliers receive a purchase order in line with budgets, either before or promptly after print work commences.
- Present pricing of print /reprographic work to all internal clients in a clear, concise way ensuring all initial budgets are adhered to.
- Deliver and Manage timelines for projects, ensuring all packaging delivered to suppliers ready for instore/online launch.
- Continually review ways to improve communication and efficiencies across all areas of the production process.
A bit about you
How you’ll do it…you will have
- Print production-related discipline with experience in the print production/reprographic area
- 5+ Years of packaging experience
- Passion and understanding of Sustainability
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent Organization skills
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills
- A clear understanding of the Selfridges brand
- Experience in managing a heavy workload, multi-tasking, juggling numerous projects at any one time.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development