Payroll Assistant 3 Month FTC (Remote Working)
Are you looking for a Payroll Assistant role, based in Leicester, that gives you the chance to work for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Looking for a company that will provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Payroll Assistant at Selfridges, you will be responsible for providing team support during new payroll system installation/Go Live. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Inputting and checking the calculation of pay for new joiners
- Amendments to contract, leavers, and statutory documents
- Inputting certain time and attendance documents and ensuring pay is correct
- Checking exception reports
- Creation of new templates to aid new ways of working
- Answering queries from employees and/or third parties using own legislation knowledge
- Responding to requests for pay information from employees and/or third parties
- Ability to calculate manual payslips
A bit about you
- Payroll experience, ideally in a similar high volume, fast paced payroll environment.
- Knowledge of PS Enterprise or Workday Payroll would be a must
- Up to date knowledge of payroll and auto-enrolment legislation
- Advanced Excel skills
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Service focused
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Organised and efficient
- CIPP or working towards this would be an advantage but not essential
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development