Buyers Admin Menswear Accessories
Are you looking for your first Buying role? Have a little experience already and want your first experience of working for a fast-paced, passionate department where no two days are the same? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Buying as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As our Buyers Admin, you’ll provide fundamental support towards the success of the Menswear Accessories Buying department. As part of this, you will:
- Support Assistant Buyer with day to day workload
- Work with suppliers understanding which products hit Buying Better Labelling requirements
- Work with Product Lifecycle team to ensure swift upload of products to Selfridges.com
- Regularly monitor competitor activity and feedback findings to Assistant Buyer
- Be the first point of contact with suppliers and the warehouse for booking in deliveries.
- Upload the buyers worksheet and create skus in Retek
- Load orders onto the system as soon as possible after they are received
- Set up and monitor the delivery schedule working closely with Buyer and Merchandising team to feedback and prioritise key deliveries
- Highlight areas where Buyers worksheet is incomplete and work with Buyer to improve
- Check order confirmation with suppliers, chasing and checking confirmation notes in a timely manner
- Resolve DC queries – for example mismatched delivery note (aim to avoid stock sitting in the DC)
- Check that foreign orders are loaded with correct application of trade discounts/costs
- Check delivery windows and schedules and highlight problems to Buying team
- Update and maintain database with relevant terms e.g. trade/settlement discounts
- Set up accounts for new suppliers and make price changes where necessary
A bit about you
- You’ll be super organised and probably love a list!
Your attention to detail will be second-to-none and you’ll pride yourself on your level of accuracy
You’ll be a natural problem solver who really enjoys finding solutions and being a go-to person within a department
You’ll be a fantastic communicator as you’ll get the opportunity to connect with several different departments and suppliers during your time as a Buyers Administrator at Selfridges
You will be more of a numbers person who loves getting to grips with systems. Being proactive in this sense will truly set you up for success in our Buying department
You’ll have a real ‘can-do’ attitude with the ability to inspire confidence in all those you assist
- You'll be systems literate with a strong ability to pick up new systems/IT software quickly
This job is a brilliant opportunity to support the Buyers Assistant, Assistant Buyer and Buyer to implement the creative strategy for Selfridges, and an exciting one at that. It doesn’t just stop at Buying either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development