Digital Senior Performance Marketing Analyst
A bit about the role
A Pivotal role to own the analytics of digital marketing channels and deliver actionable insight to improve performance and drive commercial decision making
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Digital Analytics Team to analyse the Marketing Channels throughout our digital business. Using web analytics data, you will drive change by providing analysis, insights & recommendations and taking ownership of Marketing tagging.
- End-to-end management of performance marketing channels analysis (e.g. PPC, Affiliates, SEO) including strategy, tagging set-up, analysis and optimisations
- Responsibility for doing the necessary Analysis, insight and recommendations to drive business projects
- Be the Analytics Subject Matter Expert for Digital marketing
- Drive the development of the performance marketing strategy through a number of actions including (but not limited to)
- Moving away from Sales to a focus on Profitability
- Driving strategy based on business goals of Acquisition and Customer Retention
- Moving Business to a Multichannel Attribution Strategy
- With the introduction of Deeplinking building an understanding of how marketing channels drive our App performance
- Maximising campaigns by providing ad-hoc analysis on the performance of all marketing activity, including consideration of Customer segmentation and LTV.
- Interpreting and acting-upon complex marketing data to create reports, convey meaningful and useful commercial information, making recommendations through both written and verbal reports/presentations.
- Management of all marketing tagging and pixel requirements
- Handling of all Marketing analytical queries from both the digital team and wider business stakeholders turning them into meaningful stories with recommendations – The successful candidate should be able to take complex data stories and present them clearly to stakeholders with mixed levels of marketing knowledge.
- Keep up to date and communicate trends and technologies within Digital, together with the impact it could have on the business.
- Digital Analytics
- Performance Marketing
- Customer Insights
- Exec / Directors
A bit about you
- Experience in a similar role
- Thorough, demonstrable knowledge of marketing analytics tools (Google Analytics or IBM Digital Analytics (Coremetrics) would be an advantage)
- Broad knowledge, understanding and experience of all Performance Marketing channels, ideally PPC, Affiliates, SEO, Programmatic and Paid Social
- Advanced data manipulation skills using Excel and similar tools
- Good understanding of commercial decision making and sales driving
- Experience of working in a retail environment
- Experience writing Tag Specs and Managing implementation processes
- Experience of Marketing measurement for Native Apps
- Experience combining offline sources (eg Profit margin) into Digital analytics tools / analysis
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- High level of personal energy to drive projects to completion and sustain productivity
- Ability to present structured arguments in resolution of problems in a highly creative environment.
- Solid experience in online retail Marketing analytics
- Working knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Technical experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating intricate funnels.
- Strategic marketing and retail ecommerce experience
- Commercially minded and experience in interpreting data into meaningful information
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development