Buyers Assistant - Home & Technology Concessions FTC
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to support the Buying team in sourcing brands and product? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in buying, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Buyers Assistant, you will:
- Liaise with suppliers regarding product availability, in particular for re-orders and to ensure that these are placed within OTBs
- Be responsible for chasing stock that has not been delivered according to the delivery schedule
- Carry out research for Buyers, including Comp Shops, regarding new brands/trends, using the internet etc. and to present back and feedback research information to Buying teams
- Put together look books/product packs for the Buyers and for communication to the rest of the business
- Work with the Buying Administrators to ensure that the Buyers worksheet is up to date and to provide assistance where information is incomplete
- Supervise the Buyers Administrator and monitor workload
- Be responsible for re-ordering within the OTB structure, ensuring decisions are communicated to the Administrator in good time
- Chase press samples and images
A bit about you
- You’ll be an experienced Buyers Admin who is particularly passionate about gaining an understanding of how the concessions work in Selfridges
- You’ll be a forward thinker who isn’t afraid to be bold their ideas – we are driven by imagination here and we encourage our team members to explore their creativity as much as possible
- You’ll be up to date on seasonal trends and always know what’s in and what’s up and coming
- You’ll be a Self Starter, tenacious by nature and resilient – there’s a lot of negotiating to do here! That said, strong influencing skills will be a huge advantage to you in this role.
- You’ll have the ability to build strong, meaningful relationships across the business and externally too
- You'll be methodical – there will be a lot of competing pressure on time
- You'll have a strong online focus – understanding of how Time to Site works, and how we can help the concessions drive this
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development