Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your retouching skills in a fast paced, dynamic environment? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Retouching, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As part of the busy Retouch department within Selfridges’ Photo Studio operation provides digital post-production for all product imagery on the Selfridges website. As a Midweight Retoucher is responsible for retouching up to 100 to 130 images per day ensuring a high-quality finish is uploaded to the website within agreed business time frames. In addition, retouching editorial and creative content for the site to an impeccable finish. A seasoned Retoucher with at least three years plus retouching experience, covering not just ecomm, but digital creative fields as well.
Other responsibilities include:
- Production retouching to fashion product imagery
- Production retouching for Supplier imagery workflow
- To meet and where possible exceed daily KPI targets/agreed volumes
- Provide accurate colour correction of product imagery
- Fully briefed and compliant to current retouching guidelines
- Ensuring a consistent finish, focused on agreed quality expectations
- Editorial and High-end retouching for department projects and collaborations
- Support (where appropriate) for Junior team members
- Collaborating with Photography team to complete lighting checks
A bit about you
- Two years plus commercial experience as a retoucher in a ecomm/creative studio
- Confident technical understanding of PC/MAC and Adobe Photoshop
- A team player with a positive outlook and professional manner
- A confident and articulate problem solver
- Willingness to learn new processes and software
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Conscientious with a sharp eye for detail
- Proficient communicator
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development