Digital Product Manager - Customer Engagement
A bit about the role
As Product Manager you will be responsible for discovering and delivering new or improved products which solve customer problems, provide business value and deliver best-in-class digital experiences.
You will primarily be working on Salesforce marketing cloud, service cloud, live agent and other tools that enable our team members to serve our customers as effectively as possible. The majority of your time will be spent working collaboratively with a cross-functional team (including software engineers, QA engineers, UX/UI designer, data analysts, user researchers and scrum masters) on product discovery and delivery.
Reporting to the innovation lead, the product manager will act as the link between the vision and the implementation of digital products, ensuring viable, feasible, usable, and valuable solutions. You will input into the roadmap for your team and be responsible for managing a backlog of work, ensuring that the most valuable items make it to the development pipeline.
You will build close, collaborative working relationships with their team, department and business stakeholders. Able to influence through your use of data and logic, you will also have a passion for digital commerce, tech innovation and world class customer experience.
As Product Manager you will:
- Put the customer at the heart of everything you do and prioritize effectively, using data and insights to drive decisions
- Responsible for writing user stories and acceptance criteria. You will ensure the product backlog is well stocked and effectively prioritized
- The voice of the customer within the development team, able to clearly articulate the desired outcomes of the new or improved product
- Discover the best way to deliver value to customers by running design sprints, collaborating on rapid prototypes and running A/B tests. Every experiment must have clearly defined success criteria
- Gather and interpret KPIs and customer feedback to provide input to features and the roadmap
- Carry out competitor and market analysis to help inform the backlog
- Be well versed in working with Lean and Agile methodologies and able to influence others to adopt new ways of working
- A natural collaborator, a champion of simplicity and not afraid to fail fast in order to learn and deliver the best customer solution
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals
A bit about you
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- At least 3 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher, scrum master, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business e.g., engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and business stakeholders in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Experience working with Salesforce marketing cloud, service cloud or live agent is a plus
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
Everyone is welcome
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive working culture, and we see this as key to our success and our working culture. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all. We are diverse, we are inclusive, we are Selfridges.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development