Finance Analyst - Stores and Restaurant Finance
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge of the business to take Finance to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Finance Analyst role will have the responsibility of supporting the Finance Manager and the wider team in providing effective financial challenge and support to their business partners within the Retail Teams.
The individual will support the end to end management accounts process, support end to end budgeting and forecasting process, evaluate the profitability and performance of strategic investment decisions, provide analysis and insights, and assist the wider team in ad hoc requests from the cross functional Retail Teams.
- Produce timely, detailed and clear analysis to support the Retail Team in understanding performance of our physical stores
- Provide clear and concise commentary on the store P&Ls alongside recommendations to enhance performance
- Contribute the month end routines of the management accounts including journal entry and balance sheet reconciliations
- Identify risks and opportunities against budget and discuss how the risks can be mitigated and opportunities full capitalised
- Undertake analysis for potential initiatives using financial modelling techniques
- Become familiar with and report on KPIs, highlighting risks and opportunities
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process
- Interpret non-financial information and rework it into financial reports
- Produce reports which are easily understood by non-financial team members
- Make recommendations to your line manager to improve reporting and analysis
- Action queries and requests in a professional and timely manner
- Work in a collaborative manner, sharing ideas and information with colleagues and participate in ad hoc projects as required
- Continually seek ways to improve own performance both technically and behaviourally
- Represent the finance community in line with the Selfridges values
- Understand and support the delivery of the Selfridges Strategy and initiatives
A bit about you
- FMCG experience, preferably in retail
- Working towards recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA)
- High standard of accuracy with financial and statistical data
- Able to organise own work and to take initiative
- Resilient and able to manage a complex workload
- Commercially aware
- Customer focused and an ability to build good, cross functional, relationships
- Good communication/ interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience of computerised accounting packages
- Advanced Excel skills and computer literate in other core applications
- Flexible and open to change
- Good team player
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development