A bit about the role
Workforce Scheduler will provide efficiency in the workplace and help workers to manage their time more effectively, which supports individual performance and overall company productivity. In addition, Workforce Scheduler contributes towards businesses compliance with the employment regulations that control and enforce fair labour standards and record-keeping.
- Create and maintain effective shift planning for all team members in store
- Ensure schedules are generated in the workforce management system and obtain approval from retail managers prior to publication to team members
- Accountable for putting the right people into the schedule at the right time to optimise the available contracted hours
- To be the key point of contact within Retail Operations for all issues relating to team member schedules
- Work in partnership with Workforce Planning Analyst to investigate scheduling trends and anomalies
Production of reporting
- Ownership of scheduling adherence reporting
- Maintain periodic reporting to provide insight into key scheduling issues
- Ensure workforce management system is recording scheduling data accurately and report incidents accordingly
Internal customer management
- Collaborate with Retail Operations in a timely manner to understand and act upon the information provided
- Provide recommendations and offer subject matter expertise to Retail Operations to achieve maximum efficiency
A bit about you
- High level of numeracy
- Strong analytical and statistical skills – able to interpret data and make recommendations
- Ability to problem solve and work using own initiative
- Ability to think independently
- Good communication/interpersonal skills, with the ability to make decisions
- Resilient, able to work effectively under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload while ensuring deadlines are met
- Able to work to strict deadlines with strong planning and organisational skills
- Good time management
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development