Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of Motion Design to take our digital channels to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Motion Graphics, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Motion Designer, you will lead and develop Selfridges motion creative. Based in our London office and reporting into the Head of Digital Design, within the wider Selfridges Multimedia team.
The Motion Designer will concept and deliver innovative and cutting-edge motion creative across all channels. We are looking for a highly talented individual, tuned into the latest creative and cultural movements with a broad skillset and strong aesthetic to bring Selfridges unique brand personality to life through their creative concepts.
As Motion Designer you will:
- Lead the way with motion graphics and moving image for Selfridges; enhancing our digital and experiential offering by using your skillset to create compelling and innovative content that helps shape and grow our brand.
- Develop and create inspiring 3D motion creative for use across our digital channels and in store.
- Work alongside the Digital Design team and collaborate with the wider Multimedia Creative team on creative campaigns - defining, shaping and realising innovative ideas through motion design.
- Work alongside the Digital Designers and with the wider creative studio, in realising opportunities to enhance our editorial content through motion creative.
- Be comfortable working on variable scale of projects - from modelling and animating 3D creative, editing video content to bringing still imagery to life through motion.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to support their channels when required.
A bit about you
- An interest in culture, media and the arts are a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire your creative.
- Experience and high level of skill in modelling and animating 3D creative and motion design from scratch.
- You’ll have a broad, impressive portfolio showing a variety of projects and creative executions, across 3D, video, typography and 2D graphic motion work.
- You’ll have demonstrative experience in a motion design role, with experience and an appreciation of a collaborative approach through teamwork as well as push and develop ideas independently.
- Experience in creating motion graphics for websites, with an understanding of performance and optimisation for this channel and across devices.
- You’ll be used to collaborating with teams, both creative and other areas of business.
- Highly competent with Cinema 4D, Houdini, After Effects, Premiere Pro and the full adobe creative suite.
- A background in or ability within digital design is also ideal, with the eye and capability to apply this skillset as part of the role.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development