Fulfilment Operations Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge of the business to take Operations to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
Reporting to the Head of Fulfilment, the responsibility of the Fulfilment Operations Manager role will be focused on managing the successful delivery of ecommerce and retail operations, through effective stakeholder management across the Selfridges Buying & Merchandising, Digital & Finance teams and DHL distribution centre management team.
The Fulfilment Operations Manager is a campus centric role, based at Selfridges DC in the midlands.
As the Fulfilment Operations Manager, you will:
- Be a key liaison between Selfridges B&M teams, Ecommerce team and DHL distribution centre management team
- Create and manage a robust and disciplined forecasting process
- Drive the forecasting process to ensure optimum workload visibility for efficient operations
- Deliver against robust KPIs and targets
- Implement &/or improve processes to optimise service delivery
- Be responsible for structured and ad-hoc Inventory analysis to ensure aged and non-moving products are effectively managed within DC capacity constraints
- Be responsible for key activities, such as query management, RTV, RTW etc.
- Be responsible for ensuring expansion plans (e.g. new brands, new services) are understood and delivered in the distribution centre
- Have tactical and strategic involvement in 2025 transformation initiative projects
A bit about you
- A background within supply chain projects and planning, preferably retail or a fast paced, commercial environment
- Experience of third party logistics environments
- Advanced project management experience
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and work with other departments to deliver this
- Managing without authority
- Highly organised
- Able to solve problems efficiently
- The ability to build relationships across all business areas and externally through matrix working
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development