Finance Analyst - Digital
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to use your knowledge of the business to take Finance to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Finance Analyst role will have responsibility to support the Finance Manager and the wider Digital Team in providing effective financial challenge and support to their business partner(s) within the Digital functions.
This individual will support the end to end management accounts process, support the end to end budgeting and forecasting process, evaluate the profitability and performance of strategic investment decisions, provide analysis and insights, and assist the wider team on various ad-hoc requests from the cross-functional Digital & Customer teams.
The London Finance structure contains 3 distinct Business Partnering teams and a dedicated Digital & Customer function for Selfridges. Each team is headed up by a Head of Finance who will develop a "one stop shop" for the financial needs of each of the key Exec stakeholders.
The Business Partnering teams will exist across the areas of:
- B&M & Stores (Buying, Merchandising, Stores, International, Food & Restaurants & Masterplan)
- Digital & Customer (Digital Trading, Supply Chain, UX, Photo Studio, Customer Services, CRM, Marketing, Comms & Creative)
- FP&A & Investment (2020, IT and other HO cost centres not covered by the above)
This Analyst role supports the Finance Manager & wider Digital & Customer Team. The role will be working closely with a range of stakeholders across various functions as set out above, and therefore requires an articulate and confident individual who is able to analytically consider data and scenarios, and ask insightful questions about what they are seeing. They will help facilitate business decisions through providing insight and recommendations. The role requires a curious individual who is willing to both support and challenge stakeholders where relevant.
This role is responsible for ensuring that clear, accurate, timely, and relevant financial information is delivered to their stakeholders to support robust planning, excellent cost control and profit driving commercial decision making and investments.
As Finance Analyst - Digital you will:
- Provide the Finance Manager with support for clear and detailed financial analysis on trading performance, with particular focus on product launches, promos & events.
- Analyse the weekly reports highlighting any risks or opportunities against budget relating to trade performance including CSM risks / opps
- Provide forecasts for key calendar events and report the actual performance, highlighting key drivers of performance
- Attend daily / weekly Digital Trading calls and make note of key call outs, agreeing areas to further analyse with Finance Manager
- Support the production of monthly rolling forecast via creation of forward forecasts for relevant areas
- Support Digital Finance team on the production of monthly management accounts and supporting analysis
- Support on timely and accurate preparation of relevant balance sheets
- Produce ad hoc analysis and reporting to support decision making
- Work with the Finance Manager to deliver challenging but achievable budgets, including phasing, articulating building blocks and drivers in line with timelines and deliverables
- Support in the production and delivery of clear and concise summaries of budget detail
- Identify opportunities and take ownership to improve processes in relevant areas
- Challenge the status quo and develops basic approaches leading to operational improvements
- Educate non-financial customers on the financial implications of their actions ensuring they understand the reason for processes and are able to adhere.
- To work in a collaborative manner, sharing ideas and information with colleagues
- To continually seek ways to improve own performance both technically and behaviourally
- To represent the finance community in line with the Selfridges values
- Understand and support the delivery of the Selfridges Strategy and initiatives
- Ability to manage their workload in and around tight deadlines
A bit about you
- Has excel modelling experience
- Sound business knowledge (preferably retail)
- Preferably has experience working with accounting systems
- Preferably studying towards an accounting qualification – CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW or international equivalent; must at least be looking to start immediately
- Advanced excel skills
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Analytical and numerate
- Strong commercial awareness
- High standard of accuracy with financial and statistical data
- Acts with authenticity, honesty and integrity
- Works effectively and collaboratively cross functionally
- Flexible in work style able to reprioritise effectively according to the changing demands of the business
- Good communication/ interpersonal skills
- Strong-willed and determined
A bit about us
Our Creative Spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our Awards Cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development