Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of the business to take IT to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in IT as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Infrastructure Architect you will be accountable for the base line and target infrastructure architecture definition and strategy. This includes the creation, management and socialisation of technology designs, standards and reference artefacts within IS and the broader business community and ensuring alignment to Group technology policies and wider strategy. You will work closely with Solution Architects to understand the business’ strategic needs, how they can be supported through the effective deployment of technology, the options available and how to effectively transition to the target state.
As Infrastructure Architect you will:
- Document the baseline infrastructure architecture, including reference to the relevant business, information and technology domain components
- Engage with project teams to define the technology architecture components of a solution, provide ongoing assurance of technology solutions through to delivery
- Define, document and communicate the technology roadmaps and all major transition states
- Effectively apply the IT strategy and architecture principles to ensure they are achieved through delivery of the roadmap
- Identify and analyse business needs and drivers associated with infrastructure change, assessing their feasibility and proposing solution options
- Responsible for managing the Infrastructure Design Forum ensuring all designs follow the approval process and all new standards are updated on a regular basis
- Carry out options analysis to evaluate the technology impact as well as the cost, risks, benefits and support implications of each option
- Define and gain business agreement for the technology requirements for each project that requires infrastructure change e.g. performance, capacity, availability, conducting planning for future growth and ensuring those requirements are met through solution design
A bit about you
How you’ll do it…you will be:
- Experienced. With significant experience as an Infrastructure Architect or equivalent role within an omni-channel retail organisation or a leading Management Consultancy
- Technical. You will have a strong understanding of cloud computing, VMWare virtualisation, Microsoft product and knowledge of integration technology, information security requirements and core infrastructure concepts
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various team
- Comfortable in operating with a high level of autonomy with a strong level of ownership and the ability to manage input from others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales
- Customer focused, You will have the ability to make customer-oriented decisions and share great stories of exceptional customer service, remaining visible to customers as one of the faces of IS to listen to their concerns and share these with others
- A problem solver. You are able to identify and manage issues and risks in a structured way
- Highly organised. You will have the proven ability to plan and organise large numbers of individuals and teams from multiple organisations in order to achieve objectives and targets
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This guide represents a summary of the role, however all team members are expected to be flexible in the work they undertake, which may change from time to time, according to the needs of the business