Service Desk Team Leader
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to provide an added value service? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in IT, as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Service Desk Team Leader, you will be passionate and driven individual who prides themselves on the ability to offer extraordinary customer experiences, accountable for managing and developing the Selfridges IT Service Desk 2nd line tier. You will be responsible for helping deliver world class IT services across the Service Desk, incident management, event management and request management. You will support the business ambitions of significant growth over the coming years, with IT being the key driver to underpin the growth plans. Working in partnership with the senior management team and Service Design and Transition you will support the introduction of new operational services to the Service Desk 2nd line tier.
As a Service Desk Team Leader, you will:
- Be responsible for leading and managing the IT Service Desk in accordance with service levels and hours of coverage.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk
- Lead the team in providing IT Service Desk facilities to designated Selfridges team members
- Be Responsible for the ITIL-based delivery of the following services to the business and colleagues:
- Service Desk services including call logging, triage and call routing, first time fix, access control, starters and leavers, escalation and communication
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Management
- Problem Management along side the 2nd line tier.
- Change Management
- Service Reporting
- Responsible for ensuring the IT Service Desk resolves all reported incidents to the customer’s satisfaction, using approved methods, tools and procedures and in accordance with published KPI’s and internal SLA’s.
- Responsibility for follow up with the IT Service Owners to ensure that Service Level Agreements are reached and maintained to meet the business needs.
- Responsible for effective communications across the business and internal IT communications with the Senior Managers to establish processes and service level objectives that assure system issues are resolved and team members concerns are addressed via consistent and defined service level expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring supporting processes and documentation are delivered to the appropriate quality in accordance with the business needs identified through SD&T processes in project lifecycle.
- Responsible for maintaining above documentation and processes once handed over to the Service Desk, updating and redistributing where necessary.
- Lead the team as the “front door into IT, the face of IT to the business” - the first point of contact for matters relating to the escalation of incidents and problems.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a robust knowledge database that includes escalation paths, guides to temporary fixes, solutions and workarounds for known errors or problems.
- A key stakeholder for Operational Risk Management and Technical Debt, reviewing and managing the risk profile of the department and planning remediation in a timely manner.
- Responsible for defining, enabling and analysing performance KPIs to support regular reporting on service quality and improvement recommendations.
- Responsible for following up on post incident reviews, ensuring root cause for all major incidents are understood and corrective actions are captured, tracked, reported and managed to an evidenced conclusion through immediate changes or through a progressive set of SIP actions.
- Responsible for ensuring that Incident and Problem processes are integrated with Change Management to drive planning and reduce service restoration times.
- Responsible for the running of the Change Control process, running the CAB meetings and challenging changes to ensure they have been well thought through, with backout plans and business impact constantly in mind.
- Establish, maintain, improve and maximise working relationships with key external partners/suppliers and internal resolver groups that provide support services. Work collaboratively with these parties on joint programmes where appropriate, optimising their activities and ensuring that they are aware of and comply with established best practice.
- Responsible for the definition and analysis of data from Service Management tools to drive service improvement and reporting accuracy, to demonstrate the effectiveness of the delivery of IT services.
- Lead, coach and develop direct reports with regards to their own management skills, including developing, engaging and communicating with the business.
- Create an environment that encourages positive communication and a sense of community to drive team work and collaboration across all teams.
- Manage recruitment to the team and provide all related personnel with the operating environment, knowledge management, personal development, and training and career planning they require.
- Coach peers and other roles, teaching where required, on methodologies and programme management tools and coach/mentor on leadership.
- Part of a Duty Manager Rota who deal with out of hours escalations and ensure that they right resolver group is contacted to resolve the issue. Escalating to the right people should the need arise.
A bit about you
- A proven track record derived from previous positions, in IT service management, and change/release management
- Demonstrate the ability to handle pressure situations with clarity, focus and professionalism at all times.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to clearly articulate to ideas and messages during daily updates to stakeholders on all aspects of current operations
- Experience of working in a management position within in a large complex and dynamic retail environment
- Managing multiple partners and suppliers in the delivery of operational services
- Ability to draw from broad industry experience
- Broad range and understanding of delivery of diverse technical capabilities
- Demonstrable experience of customer and stakeholder management up to board/exec level
- ITIL Accreditation business & service operational management
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity, applying pragmatism and direction when appropriate.
- Sound understanding of traditional and digital service landscapes, and their delivery mechanisms
- You will have worked for a retailer with a strong digital and physical presence and you will understand what the customer experience needs to look like across channels
- You know what it means to be the conscience of the customer and consider the customer in all of your decisions and interactions.
- You have a track record of building strong relationships across senior stakeholders and of positively influencing senior management and leadership teams.
- A leader, you will balance delivering extraordinary service with the development of your teams, ensuring that we live the Selfridges values.
- In your current role, you’ll probably be leading a team – whether direct reports or a matrix. You understand what it takes to build a high-performing team and make your team a great place to work.
- Your retail experience will be strong, with exposure across the value chain and channels.
- You will have excellent communication skills, be a confident presenter and able to work in a fast paced ever changing environment
- You will have excellent analytical, negotiation and stakeholder skills