Mid-weight UX/UI Designer
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge and expertise in Digital? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
- You will be passionate about and champion a customer centric approach, utilising the latest techniques and methodologies.
- You have will have a strong understanding of omni-channel experience design.
- You will have a strong understanding of user research and testing approaches allowing you to work closely with our in house UX Researcher to deliver a strong test & learn programme.
- You will have a strong understanding of UX & Design best practices, principles & methodologies.
- You will produce and be accountable for the delivery of high-quality design collateral & documentation.
- You will have a strong understanding of the latest technologies and agile methodologies.
- You will be a collaborative worker, able to lead and deliver your own projects whilst also being a great team player supporting the wider initiatives.
- You will lead the end to end delivery on all of your projects, from discovery all the way through to development delivery, working with key stakeholders all throughout the process.
- You will have strong communication skills and be proficient in presenting your ideas back to both the UX team and wider business.
- You will have strong experience in leading and facilitating discovery workshops.
- You will have the ability to understand and synthesise multiple inputs from stakeholders into a cohesive design approach
- Proactively troubleshoot user experience issue on our digital platforms and support the UX Lead in defining where they sit with the wider strategic objectives.
- You will be proficient in the latest design and prototyping software’s, such as Sketch & Axure.
- Lead production of sketches, wireframes, prototypes and user flows etc… setting the standard and guiding principles.
A bit about you
· Understand & support delivery of the team strategy.
· Actively stretch your awareness of all digital activities.
· Build & maintain relationships across stakeholder groups.
· Understand & be aware of the work, process and stakeholders within Digital.
· Understand the impact of the work you are delivering.
· Confident planning & prioritising your own workload.
· Responsible for producing high quality deliverables.
· Support the wider team with requests.
· Take ownership of your development plan.
· Confident when communicating to stakeholders digital and the wider business.
· Able to comfortably challenge across the digital team and the wider business.
· Proactive and have a can-do attitude.
· Proactively seek challenges & learning opportunities.
· Have a good awareness of our trade and creative campaigns.
· Have a passion for learning, and ensure to keep up with the latest digital trends and best practices.
· You will live the Selfridges values.
- Ability to present ideas to stakeholders, clearly articulating the benefits and gaining the support needed to deliver.
- Ability to share back ideas and take on board suggestions or improvements.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines to a high standard.
- Ability to lead projects from start to finish, managing stakeholders’ expectations and delivering to project timelines.
- Ability to work within a support an collaborative working environment.
- Ability to work in an agile environment, adapting to delivery timelines and shifting priorities.
- Ability to deliver strong design thinking and high-quality design deliverables, such as wireframes, empathy maps, interactive prototypes etc
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development