Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get technical and use your experience to join our IT team as Project Manager? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Project Manager you will manage all elements of the IT Project’s Governance, Delivery, communications throughout the Project lifecycle and transition to internal or external support organisations. You will be responsible for successful project delivery, directly and matrix managing a number of internal delivery resource and key software, infrastructure and business suppliers.
As Project Manager you will:
- Initiate, plan, and deliver a range of projects based on agreed business priorities. Multiple projects may need to be managed concurrently.
- Manage third party suppliers and internal delivery resources either directly or via matrix management
- Manage project budgets, being accountable for budget commitment and accurate financial reporting
- Develop and manage a resourcing model that ensures the right mix and quantity of resources are engaged on projects throughout the lifecycle
- Ensure project objectives and requirements are adequately documented and that all project deliverables are fit for purpose
- Work closely with Service Delivery to ensure successful transition of projects until they achieve formal acceptance.
- Ensure all project risks and issues are identified and properly communicated and managed
A bit about you
- Experienced. You will have proven experience at managing complex, IT change projects including managing concurrent projects across application and infrastructure delivery in a fast paced multichannel retail environment
- You may have experience in the delivery of Retail Order Management Systems. Oracle RMS would be preferred but is not essential
- A natural leader. You will have the ability to lead and mentor others in a constructive and collaborative manner, providing positive, motivational and developmental feedback along the way
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams.
- Skilled. You will have an understanding of IT software or infrastructure, preferably in retail environments
- Highly organised. You will have the proven ability to plan and organise large numbers of individuals and teams from multiple organisations in order to achieve objectives and targets
- A problem solver. You are able to identify and manage issues and risks in a structured way
- Assertive. You will have confidence and resilience, with an ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development