Digital Trading Manager - 12 month FTC (Maternity Cover)
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to get analytical and use your experience to join our Digital team as Digital Trading Manager? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As Digital Trading Manager, you will be accountable for digital sales performance in your categories. Working closely with the Buying Manager, Merch Manager, Optimisation Managers, Finance and Marketing, you are instrumental in the creation of category sales and trade plans. You are data driven in your approach, understand the digital customer, analysing the key metrics across sales, traffic, AOV and conversion.
As a Digital Trading Manager you will:
- Use data to work with cross-functional stakeholders to guide and influence future focus & commercial opportunities
- Collaborate with multiple functions. With Buying and Merchandising on range availability and product opportunities, CRM and Performance Marketing to support traffic driving activities, improve CVR and profitability, to finance on business casing and financial planning.
- Build the site calendar of trading events to meet the needs of the market and maximise sales opportunity.
- Manage the planning process of sale budgets from top line numbers to period re-forecasts and KPI setting.
- Lead a cross functional virtual team, pulling together key stakeholders to drive effective trading actions.
- Use website analytics for feedback on Divisional performance including sales, availability, conversion, average order/transaction value, then work with the digital optimisation team to improve the customer experience of products online and formulating action plans where needed
- Understands the digital customer and analyses the key digital trading metrics across sales, traffic, AOV and conversion
- Own NPS for their category, and feed in solutions to customer challenges
- Understands the competition, and feeds back on their trading activity
A bit about you
- Pulling the plan together. A natural collaborator you’ll sit at the centre of the trade planning for your division, pulling together actions into an effective plan and working with your partner functions to meet challenging deadlines and react positively to changes in priorities.
- Data driven. Confident in using multiple analytic tools, and you are experienced in creating and running reports, using them to track success.
- Commercially astute. You have a successful track record in the achievement of targets and objectives, with an ability to stay ahead of competitors and deliver excellence. You will have specific experience in financial planning, digital metric forecasting, and building digital business cases.
- A great communicator. You share information in a clear and concise manner, and are able to influence stakeholders and colleagues where necessary
- Service and experienced minded. Responsible for the NPS in your category, you find solutions to customer challenges, recognising the importance of the digital journey
- Organised and proactive. With previous digital trading experience, you are skilled at interpreting data and responding to it, finding opportunities to improve sales
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development