Digital Development Manager - UK / US
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to get creative and use your expertise to take our UK and US markets to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As a Development Manager, you will be accountable for managing the development of digital in your region to maximise sales and bottom line growth. Providing regional expertise on the market, you will optimise cross functional initiatives, including the management of regional partners and all related operations unique to your area.
As Development Manager you will:
- Be accountable for market development, creating specific market strategies and initiatives to drive top-line and bottom-line growth.
- Work closely with finance and analytics to build business cases for market initiatives. Analysing and reporting on key performance metrics for the region to identify key actions to maximise trade and profit
- Own NPS for their market, and feed in solutions to customer challenges
- Be accountable for short and long term market performance, including short term cross functional trading actions to drive performance. Providing insight and understanding of external regional factors, regional customers and regional performance.
- Generates market priorities cross functionally (including marketing, Performance Marketing, Trading and B&M) and influences prioritisation of these initiatives.
- Strong partnerships across the business including Marketing, Performance Marketing, Supply Chain, Trading and B+M.
- Influences across the organisation to create market nuance within global strategies
- Provide region expertise and direction across Head Office and Retail to make sure teams are aligned and to inform strategy and roadmap
- Support and steer the execution of key projects on our international roadmap e.g. key product category expansion for international delivery, new payment options
- Responsible for owning the relationship with our key in-market partners (e.g. site translation and fulfilment partners) and managing smooth daily trading operations and end-to-end customer experiences
A bit about you
- Experienced with ecommerce trading and an expert in driving market growth and development
- Accountable for driving sales across all digital store-fronts for the UK and US region. Including Selfridges.com…
- Drive regional performance by identifying region-specific trading opportunities and tailoring site trading for the UK and US (e.g. optimising product sequencing/relevancy, tailoring site content, maximising product availability via Trade/B&M teams)
- Provide region expertise and direction for UK and US across Head Office and Retail to make sure teams are aligned and to inform strategy and roadmap
- Native English speaking
- In possession of strong UK and US region expertise. Local customer and product awareness
Experienced. With a background in Digital trade, and an expert in international expansion,
A strategic thinker, with the ability to consider overall Selfridges strategy, divisional and your own market requirements and build cohesive plans that the business can understand and execute.
Data driven. You understand the mechanics that underpin digital ecommerce, and the initiatives and strategies that can drive them. You have strong analytical capabilities with the ability to investigate and disaggregate sales performance
Commercially astute. You have a successful track record in the achievement of targets and objectives, with an ability to stay ahead of competitors and deliver excellence. You will have specific experience in digital planning, and building digital business cases
A natural collaborator. You are able to communicate region specific information to the wider teams / business. You are engaging, with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders across various functions in order to drive change
Naturally pragmatic and solutions orientated. You are calm under pressure and can give clear guidance
Organised and proactive. With extensive digital experience, you are skilled at interpreting data and responding to it. Navigating your team to formulate plans to combat loses and maximise opportunities
An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking their markets to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
• Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
• Discounted gym memberships
• Pension contributions
• Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
• A volunteer day for all team members
• Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development