Assistant M&E Project Manager
As our M&E Manager you will work on our ongoing expansion and improvement of our stores, delivering a variety of high-value infrastructure and plant replacement projects. Your key challenge will be to ensure the success of our renewal programme without interrupting the smooth day-to-day running of our business. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll lead and motivate our multidisciplinary Infrastructure Project Management Team, overseeing budgets and timescales, and ensuring excellent communication and coordination throughout the project process.
Know The Role
- Provide programmatic leadership for the Infrastructure Project Management Team. Deliver the Program in compliance with specification, cost and schedule. Whilst maintaining stakeholder satisfaction
- Lead and motivate the multi-functional IPMT team
- Execute the Program to agreed cost schedule and quality targets
- Act as the main point of contact between Selfridges and the IPMT for Program delivery and maintain effective communication and coordination throughout the overall project process
- Plan and execute the projects in accordance with Selfridges Management process where applicable, any other special requirements from other Program managers
- Support PM’s in preparation and communication of Program data to support business management needs
- Manage Program non-recurring costs to meet Program budget
- Support business budget preparation and generation of business strategy
- Coordinate with other IPMT members preparation of proposals, business plans
- Oversee internal monthly Program business reporting, including Program status, financial and resource requirements
Know What We're Looking For
- Degree qualified or Equivalent technical management experience, involving but not limited to, the following types; chiller, cooling tower, generator, HWS, CWS, Sprinkler AHU, HV power distribution installation or replacement
- Experienced to Senior Project Management level capable of delivering multiple projects circa £3-4m per project
- Demonstrated experience in a multi-disciplined Program leadership role, ideally including delivery to a retail environment
- Experience in Program delivery involving multiple platform integration and communication & certification with the relevant local authorities & governing bodies
- Excellent interpersonal skills (communication, motivation and persuasion)
About The Company
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909. The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today. Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries.
In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.