AEM Front End Developer
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to be part of a Digital Transformation? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
Selfridges are currently looking for a frontend developer. You will be joining a team of talented developers that have a strong focus on the customer experience. You will get a chance to apply your knowledge and skills in joining the rebuild of the company website. Working in an Agile environment that will enable the project to provide extraordinary experiences for our customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work within a friendly, innovative retail company which prides itself on delivering their customers with an extraordinary experience online.
As part of this, you will:
- Participate in the development, design, testing and deployment of solutions built on the Adobe Experience Manager platform.
- Resolve user-identified functional and technical issues on AEM platform.
- Build and manage day-to-day client relationships and requests, supporting a wide range of basic web development and content management activities.
- Partner with content and design teams to build or enhance templates, components and functionalities to support marketing campaigns.
- Support internal users as a subject matter expert, recommending enhancements, best practices and new processes to optimize use and adoption of the platform
You’ll be reporting into the Development Manager as well as working closely internally with the wider Digital team including Trading & Operations, the Buying and Merchandising team and IT team.
Know What We're Looking For
- Working closely with Product Owner, Agile Lead and team members to collaborate and influence new development
- Excellent knowledge of AEM v6.X and above
- Ensuring performance and quality of all deliveries across different platforms
- Experience developing front end applications in a modular and extensible way
- HTML5, CSS3 (SASS), Responsive design experience
- Creating separated libraries (JS & CSS) based around a CMS
- Building templates, components and authorable areas within a CMS
- Experience in CMS building full stack applications
- Extensive, proven experience on using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) CMS and Product Catalogues
- Background in Digital and eCommerce
- Experience working with Java-based backend systems
- Experience working within a continuous delivery environment
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work