AEM Back End Developer
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to be part of a Digital Transformation? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
We are currently seeking an AEM Developer to join our agile team which forms part of the wider Selfridges Customer Experience. You will be expected to bring in your AEM expertise to work alongside other members of the project team and to work with Selfridges development release team, to provide solutions and enforce best practices.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work within a friendly, innovative retail company which prides itself on delivering their customers with an extraordinary experience online.
As part of this, you will:
- Work closely with Product Owner, Agile Lead and team members to collaborate and influence new development
- Ensure performance and quality of all deliveries across different platforms
- Experience developing Back End applications
- HTML5, CSS3 (SASS), Responsive design experience
- Creating separated libraries (JS & CSS) based around a CMS
- Building templates, components and authorable areas within a CMS
You’ll be reporting into the Development Manager as well as working closely internally with the wider Digital team including Trading & Operations, the Buying and Merchandising team and IT team.
Know What We're Looking For
- Experience building with Adobe Experience Manager
- Commercial experience working in AEM version 6.3
- Working experience implementing Templates, Components, Dialogs and Workflows in AEM platform
- Strong working knowledge of Agile Software Architectures and working in an Agile environment
- Working experience designing AEM Component Dialogs for Touch UI
- Java would be a core skill
- Experience of developing API’s in AEM
- Caching strategies within AEM
- Working experience developing OSGI services. Sling
- Development & build tools such as Maven/Jenkins/Git
- Experience in the following frameworks related with AEM would be desirable: Sightly, Sling Models and WCM Use API.
- AEM Certification
- Integration with third party APIs and or API Gateways would be an advantage
- DevOps process / best practice for AEM
- In-depth knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience of managing catalogues within AEM
- Experience with Adobe Scene7
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a team who are shaping the future of the business.
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work