Developer in Test (QA)
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to be part of a Digital Transformation? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
In this role, we are seeking an engineer who would be responsible for creating and executing test plans, thinking outside of the box for use cases and being a strong advocate for bug-free code. This engineer will be tightly integrated into the development team and the product life cycle. During the Agile sprint, the engineer will be involved in 3 amigo sessions, defining the test scripts/approach, testing once features are completed and will handle post-live testing.
Our delivery team consists of developers, front-end developers/designers and QA engineers. The team closely collaborates with each other to deliver the latest features into our products. This role will ensure that our code is released as bug-free as possible. The new features will be in our products, and you will be able to see your impact on the product.
As part of this, you will:
- Hands on involvement in all phases of product development including planning, design, and implementation
- Execution of both manual and automated tests, defect logging and verification, and results reporting
- Help to drive the QA strategy by encouraging shared responsibility of quality across the team
- Understand functional requirements and software design in order to identify use cases and test scenarios
- Create, update, and maintain automated test suites
- Work under guidance to prioritize tests and test strategy appropriately
- To produce clear, structured, and useful documentation including test cases, test plans, test approach, and time estimates
- Collaborate with the teams to facilitate development of stable and robust software
- Gain greater understanding of software and tools used by the team
You’ll be reporting into the Development Manager as well as working closely internally with the wider Digital team and IT team.
Know What We're Looking For
- Agile software development experience (Kanban, Scrum)
- Experience with testing and authoring test automation for both REST and SOAP based web services
- Experience working with Selenium using page object modelling
- Experience maintaining and updating custom-built test automation frameworks.
- Experience with testing applications built in AWS
- Ability to understand functional requirements, expressed both technically and from a user's perspective
- Experience covering the end-to-end project lifecycle through to full systems implementation/delivery
- Excellent written and oral communications
- The ability to produce clear, concise, and logical documentation in appropriate detail for business users, software developers and the IT Team
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
- Self-motivated – able to work effectively remotely
- ISEB/ISTQB Qualification
- Working knowledge of both Kubernetes and Helm
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience authoring test automation in Java.
- Familiarity with Behaviour-Driven and Test-Driven Development best practices
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a team who are shaping the future of the business.
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work