This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to work in our ever growing Digital team? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our Digital Analytics Team to own the Analytics implementation process, release tickets and testing process for the analytics team, implementing tags in the tag manager, and working with the wider team to ensure Selfridges have robust tagging to get insights from the data.
As part of this, the role will include
- Own the Release process for the Analytics team keeping track of all development tickets and deadlines.
- Manage Web Analytics & Tag Manager implementations and be the product champion within the Development teams
- Create Tags, Datalayer Extensions and Analytics configurations.
- Test new functionality and tickets for Analytics and sign off changes before releases are deployed to live
- Understand product owners’ needs to translate business requirements into analytics technical requirements and ensure that priorities are met
- Support the Online Marketing team by creating Marketing Tags in the Tag Manager, Testing and Deploying these tags.
- Create Documentation for the As is website Analytics tagging to aid testing and future developments.
- Ensure data collection and standardisation is met and explain methodologies to internal stake holders
- Look for ways to drive improvement and ensure value and actions can be derived from the data
- Provide support and insight to the business for all its digital sites and tagging requirements
- Drive the upskilling and adoption of key team members across all digital products
- Work with the IT development team to ensure all reporting is supported and maintained.
- Develop existing reporting and processes through automation and optimisation along with research in to emerging technologies and ‘best practice’.
- Own the business relationship with the Tag Manager provider
You’ll be reporting into the Senior Analytics Manager as well as working closely internally with teams across the business.
A bit about you
- Thorough, demonstrable knowledge of site analytics tools (Google Analytics would be an advantage)
- Thorough, demonstrable knowledge of Tag Management Solutions (Tealium would be an advantage)
- Experience in testing analytics tagging
- Experience in creating and maintaining documentation
- Experience in owning and maintaining release tickets
- Experience in developing internal key metrics reporting and scorecards based on internal stakeholder requirements
- Excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy regarding quality of own work and presentation is essential.
- Organised with ability to multi-task, prioritise, work quickly and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative and flexible way
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Ability to present structured arguments in resolution of problems in a highly creative environment.
- Solid experience in online retail analytics
- Working knowledge of sales and margin reporting process and data management tools.
- Technical experience of analytical tracking, website tagging and creating intricate funnels.
- Strategic marketing and retail ecommerce experience
- Commercially minded and experience in interpreting data into meaningful information
- Ability to consider analytics from a real customer perspective
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a team who are shaping the future of the business.
A bit about us
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work