This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to work in our ever growing Digital team? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Digital as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The Product Lead is responsible for owning the roadmap which delivers business value and best in class digital experiences. You will be responsible for managing a backlog of work and ensuring the most valuable items make it to the development pipeline. Reporting to the Head of Digital Product, the Product Lead will act as the link between the vision and the implementation for digital products and CX, ensuring solutions to customer and business problems are feasible, usable and valuable.
This role will lead teams to deliver, through influence and in a heavily matrixed organisation, with a passion for digital commerce, tech innovation and world class customer experience.
As part of this, the role will include
- To put the customer at the heart of everything, prioritising effectively using data and insights to drive decisions
- To be fluent or comfortable working within a Lean and Agile delivery mindset and methodology, able to influence others to adopt new ways of working.
- You will manage a product backlog including defining user stories, acceptance criteria, with a focus on effective prioritisation.
- You will help define the roadmap for your team, focusing on outcomes, ensuring your technology team is focused on the highest priorities.
- You will drive collaboration with technology, UX, business leads and creative teams to deliver market-leading digital experiences.
- You will provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- You will gather and interpret KPIs and customer feedback to provide input to features and the roadmap.
- You will carry out competitor and market analysis to help inform the backlog.
- You are comfortable experimenting to learn with some experience taking part in rapid prototyping or design sprints
You’ll be reporting into the Head of Digital Product as well as working closely internally with teams across the business.
A bit about you
- Strong team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing products through their lifecycle from idea to delivery
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines.
- A passion for problem solving and creative thinking
- Experience in Product Management within an eCommerce environment preferable
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a team who are shaping the future of the business.
A bit about us
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work