This job has been closed.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Leader to join us in our Leicester office as Financial Controller.
The position is an important leadership role within the business and will be responsible for several key areas including, but not limited to, Financial Accounting, Treasury, Payroll, HR Admin and Accounts Processing.
A bit about the role
- As part of the Finance Leadership team, support the Finance Director in setting the overall Finance strategy;
- Preparation of statutory accounts and all other regulatory returns for all relevant statutory entities (eg tax/VAT/ONS returns);
- Full understanding of corporate structure and associated intercompany transactions and relationships (eg loans, tax entries, transfer pricing);
- Ensuring robust balance sheet control and reconciliation process;
- Monthly preparation of consolidated management accounts, liaising with London Finance Business Partners, Internal Audit and Group Finance;
- Balance sheet and cashflow budgeting;
- Control/Maintenance of fixed and intangible asset register;
- Key contact with tax advisors, auditors and banks;
- Direct the treasury actions of the business including cashflow reporting, forecasting, FX and hedging strategies;
- Ensure compliance with tax requirements (VAT/corporation tax);
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies;
- Manage Accounts Payable and Payroll functions;
- Regularly review and challenge the financial processes and controls of the organisation to the standards consistent with an organisation of Selfridges scale and increasing complexity;
- Manage a team of direct reports – but wider team of circa 50.
A bit about you
- 8-10 years' experience PQE
- From a solid statutory/financial accounting background either practice or other large FMCG business
- Treasury and banking knowledge
- Knowledge of Oracle based Finance systems
- Track record of managing and developing teams
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Tax and VAT knowledge
- Treasury skills
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Strong control mindset – passionate about setting and delivering exceptional standards
- Comfortable working in and driving an environment of continuous review and improvement
- Self-assured and confident in shaping own and function's direction, keeping the longer term in mind when making decisions
- A strong leader, able to inspire, develop and motivate a large and diverse team, translating strategy into action and effecting change positively
- Acts with authenticity, honesty and integrity
- Able to influence credibly at Director level, both from finance and non-finance backgrounds
- Ambition and ability to progress their career within Selfridges and the Selfridges Group.