Sustainability PR Manager FTC 7 Months
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to deliver media coverage specific to sustainability activities and campaigns? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in PR as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As our new Sustainability PR Manager, your role will be pivotal as we are set to launch our biggest ever sustainability campaign in 2020 and you will ensure that we maximise its exposure through the media. As part of this, you will:
- This role is integral to the business as sustainability sits at the heart of Selfridges’ strategy as part of our ‘Buying Better, Inspiring Change’ approach and our established heritage of leadership in this space. With more noise than ever on the topic of sustainability it is critical that our voice continues to cut through in the press and that we continue to grow our share of column inches.
- We are looking for a media relations super-star who can see the big picture when it comes to the opportunity to tell our sustainability story across diverse sectors of the press and who can deliver outstanding coverage to support Selfridges’ efforts in this area.
- While we occasionally engage agencies to support with specific projects, the bulk of our media relations is driven from in-house. As such this is a role best suited to someone with a highly hands-on approach and an excellent contacts book.
A bit about you
- An in-depth understanding of the UK media landscape (print, digital and broadcast)
- A proven ability to deliver consistent, quality, on-message media coverage
- Excellent media contacts with a focus on news, consumer affairs, lifestyle and sustainability media
- Interest and experience in retail (fashion and luxury a bonus)
- An understanding of the sustainability landscape and stakeholders within it relevant to Selfridges
- The ability to work in collaboration with other members of the PR team (from Fashion PR to beauty, home and brand) to maximise story opportunities
- The ability to build relationships and work cross-functionally with other teams including Sustainability, Creative and Project Curation, Social Media, Internal Communications and Digital
- Experience with planning and organising media events: this can be as varied as a photo-call for a celebrity PA, press breakfasts or in-store theatre moments
- Measurement and reporting – reporting on a weekly and monthly basis on the media coverage received
- Strong experience in PR, from either an agency or in-house
- Experience of issues and crisis management
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and ability to create materials in the brand voice
- The ability to brief and manage spokespeople for media interviews
- Flexibility, pace, a strong work ethic and a sense of humour
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development