Workforce Planning Coordinator - FTC
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to support a new workforce planning tool? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Retail Operations as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
Please note this position is initially a 6 month fixed term contract.
- As our new Workforce Planning Coordinator you will help embed the new workforce planning tool, supporting the back-end function for several departments and teams across our 4 retail sites in the UK. As part of this, you will:
- Create and maintain effective shifts for all team members in stores across all 4 sites.
- Be accountable for putting the right people into the schedule at the right time to optimise the available contracted hours.
- Identify and implement improvement around the scheduling processes, streamlining this to create the most efficient and effective processes that are fit for purpose.
- Work in partnership with the Workforce Planning Analyst to investigate scheduling trends and anomalies.
- Ensure that the workforce management system is recording scheduling data accurately and report incidents accordingly.
You’ll be reporting into the Workforce Planning Manager as well as working closely internally with Retail Operations, Regional GM’s and our Finance team.
A bit about you
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of building/using manual (Excel) demand-based employee schedules
- Strong analytical and statistical skills – able to interpret data and make recommendations
- Ability to problem solve and work using own initiative
- Ability to think independently
- Good communication/interpersonal skills, with the ability to make decisions
- Resilient, able to work effectively under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload while ensuring deadlines are met
- Able to work to strict deadlines with strong planning and organisational skills
- Good time management
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a team who are shaping the future of the business, driving efficiency by identifying better working practices and streamlining systems.
A bit about us
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development