Buyers Assistant - Men's Tailoring
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a Buyers Assistant role that gives you the chance to provide customers with the latest trends and hottest styles? Are you a Buyers Admin who is ready to take the next step in your buying career? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Buying as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As our new Buyers Assistant, you will:
- Use your knowledge and experience to assist the Buyer in the sourcing of our products (no pressure!)
- Negotiate with suppliers where you’ll make it a priority to secure the very best terms for the store.
- Build strong relationships with the Merchandising and Operations teams, using their insights as well as your own trend research and prowess to determine which brands are performing well.
- Make recommendations to the wider team and business on where we take our ranges next.
- Live our values and inspire your fellow team members to do the same with your positive, can-do attitude!
You’ll be reporting into the Assistant Buyer as well as working closely internally with the wider Buying team, Merchandising and Operations.
A bit about you
- You’ll be an experienced Buyers Admin who is particularly passionate about Men's Tailoring.
- You’ll have experience of buying for own areas from your previous role as well as the creative flair and drive to source the best, exclusive brands for Selfridges.
- You’ll be a forward thinker who isn’t afraid to be bold their ideas – we are driven by imagination here and we encourage our team members to explore their creativity as much as possible!
- You’ll be up to date on seasonal trends and always know what’s in and what’s up and coming.
- You’ll be tenacious by nature and resilient – there’s a lot of negotiating to do here! That said, strong influencing skills will be a huge advantage to you in this role.
- You’ll be sociable with the ability to build strong, meaningful relationships across the business and externally too.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a bustling department team who are incredibly passionate about sourcing the most exclusive brands for Selfridges. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you. It doesn’t just stop at Buying either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development