Assistant Visual Merchandiser - Menswear
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to get creative? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Visual Merchandising as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As our new Visual Merchandising Assistant in our menswear department, you will have a passion and interest for men’s fashion and you’ll be involved in every aspect of developing extraordinary creative visual merchandising. From the way products look to how new ones are launched, from mannequin styling to planning and implementing floor layouts and merchandising, you’ll do all you can to maintain world-class standards throughout. The better you are at promoting great working practices, sharing your knowledge and keeping up-to-date with current trends, the more effective you’ll be. As part of this, you will:
- Attend weekly 1-2-1’s with your team and your Manager about current and future schedules.
- Make sure every visual aspect of the floor meets our reputation for immaculate standards.
- You should be proactively involved in implementing themed installations within the menswear department, working within a close-knit, cross-functional team.
- You’ll also work closely with key contacts in Buying & Merchandising and Retail Operations to agree brand adjacencies and product layouts in order to maximise sales potential, supported by the Senior Visual Merchandiser.
- Along with the Senior Visual Merchandiser and/or your line manager, you’ll regularly perform comparative ‘shops’ of new and inspirational places to maintain an understanding and awareness of competition, direction and key brands.
You’ll be reporting into the Visual Merchandiser as well as working closely internally with the immediate and wider teams.
A bit about you
A BIT ABOUT YOU
As a hands on visual merchandiser, you will be unafraid to explore your creative streak and possess a keen eye for detail. Alongside this, you will thrive in an energetic and ever-changing environment, as well as being a good multi-tasking, problem solving individual.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about visual merchandising and men’s fashion.
A bit about us
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development