Supervisor, The Corner Restaurant
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a Supervisor role that gives you the chance to work in a restaurant for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Are you passionate about food and want to share your joy of good food with customers and team members from many different walks of life? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in restaurants as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
There is more to Selfridges than exclusive designer labels. In fact, over 20,000 customers dine at our cafés and restaurants each week (that’s a lot of customers!) If you can mirror the exceptional standard of service throughout the store, we can offer you an exciting environment with plenty of variety and loads of opportunities to grow.
As our new Supervisor, you will:
- Do so much more than just meet expectations. You’ll provide a bespoke service to customers from all over the world, taking enormous pride in maintaining our high standards, driving sales and hitting targets.
- Deliver the impeccable service our customers expect, with a genuine passion for health and fitness and the range of dishes we offer as well as knowledge of products and all the different kinds we sell at Selfridges.
- Focus your efforts on providing outstanding customer service, assisting the Restaurant Manager in the smooth running of the restaurant.
- Oversee everything from team coverage and transaction processes, to general housekeeping requirements.
- Use your calm and diplomatic nature to be on hand to quickly resolve any queries or complaints that our customers may have.
- Live and breathe our values and inspire your fellow team members to do the same!
Know What We're Looking For
- As a part of our team in restaurants, you’ll demonstrate a keen interest in delivering the world-class standards and customer experience that we are renowned for.
- You’ll always look to genuinely connect with customers and you’ll have a good time doing it too (there’s no fun like work after all, as Harry Gordon Selfridge once said!)
- You’ll be super professional with the ability to handle tricky situations in a calm, diplomatic way.
- Your communication skills will be strong and effective, and you’ll display a confident understanding of restaurant operations.
- A positive, can-do attitude is what we love here, and you’ll always be prepared to go above and beyond for our customers.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to surround yourself by a diverse team, with experience across an array of catering and hospitality disciplines from which you can learn a great deal. It doesn’t just stop at restaurants either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About The Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development