IT Asset Manager
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to evaluate, select and implement appropriate IT software asset management tools? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in IT as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As our new IT Asset Manager, you’ll ensure that Selfridges software entitlement position, deployment and usage position are understood and managed. As part of this, you will:
- Provide regular insights and reporting to key stakeholders around license compliance and usage
- Develop and maintain working relationships across all business units to ensure that software use is disclosed and controlled
- Ensure that an accurate record of entitlement is maintained, identifying purchases and divestments
- Regularly review software deployment and usage to identify and outline potential efficiencies and cost savings
- Evaluate, select and implement appropriate IT software asset management tools which compliment Selfridges processes
- Manage the response to software vendor audit or license validation requests, in conjunction with legal and commercial colleagues
- Ensure that Cloud solution usage is monitored, and potential usage contraventions are mitigated
- Resolve PC software compliance issues highlighted by SNOW tool
- Production of a key vendor ELP reports
- Manage the application licensing administration process
- Support Finance and Commercial in the acquisition and renewal processes
- Monthly dashboard reporting for stakeholders
- Assist in renewals process with Finance and Commercial
You’ll be reporting into the Infrastructure Support Manager mainly working in Leicester with regular travel to London and possible travel to third party suppliers.
A bit about you
- Good working knowledge of licensing models for key Software Vendors e.g. IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, Red Hat
- Working knowledge of SAM tools, e.g. SNOW
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy and the ability to manage others to ensure delivery to agreed timescales, with a focus on resolution of support issues in a timely manner
- Broad experience of client server technologies
- Working knowledge of CMDB’s e.g Service Now
- Good understanding of Network topology
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Broad functional and process knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Excellent business writing, presentation and facilitation skills
If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development