Property Project Manager
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to deliver world class environments and spaces through highly professional property project management? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in property as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As part of your role as the Property Project Manager, you will:
- Assist in the production of clear briefs, programmes, phasing and cost plans for all projects
- Attend and chair all design team and site progress meetings
- Attend brand / concession briefings and act as contact for all internal / external parties
- Assist in producing scopes for external consultants and compiling formal appointments
- Support procurement and tender process and compilation of contractual arrangements for contractors
- Effectively manage costs through the application of formal financial controls
- Ensure projects meet or exceed defined quality standards
- Ensure project compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authorities
- Ensure internal design approvals and financial sanctions are obtained at appropriate stages
- Report project progress and any issues back to the Senior Project Manager
- Ensure effective management of project documentation for future retrieval
- Produce snagging documents
- Manage a team of internal and /or external consultants and suppliers
- Monitor delivery of the team’s roles and responsibilities
- Monitor and challenge the performance of the project team
- Manage change and resolve potential conflict
- Encourage design innovation, sustainability and creativity
- Execute a communication plan for all projects
- Assist with the minimisation of risks to health and safety on all projects
You’ll be reporting into the Senior Project Manager whilst regularly communicating with the project team and major stakeholders across the business ensuring that planning and communication is coordinated to deliver the best in class solutions for all stores.
A bit about you
- Advanced project management skills
- Experience of managing multiple medium/large sized retail fitout and construction projects in a working retail environment
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels and areas of the business and with external parties
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Great empathy with brand development
- Ability to coordinate and motivate virtual teams
- Experience of suggesting ways of working which will improve efficiency across the team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about designing extraordinary environments. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development