Events Manager FTC 9 Months
The job has expired.
Are you looking for a new challenge in Selfridges that gives you the chance to get creative and use your knowledge of the business to take events to the next level? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Events as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE
As our new Events Manager you’ll own, develop and deliver all aspects of market leading events and projects. As part of this, you will:
- Support Senior Event Manager to curate, develop & deliver strategic communications, events and experiences as part of our Creative Schemes across all stores
- Work directly with key leads within customer engagement team to research and deliver a comprehensive strategy for Customer Engagement including VIP Programme, Clientelling and Data Capture
- Deliver VIP events and activities to an exceptionally high standard
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing, Performance Marketing, CRM, Social and Digital to communicate campaigns and projects effectively
- Attend large steering meetings for large scale projects and communicate effectively across the business with all project stake-holders in Customer, Communications, Creative, Buying, Finance, Legal and Retail Teams
- Attend and be a considered voice within workshops and project meetings, collaborating with team members to push objectives
- Manage project budgets and affectively monitor finance, raise POs and manage suppliers
- Provide production and technical expertise on all new proposals to support project teams and share knowledge
- Manage internal business stakeholders such as Graphics, Multimedia Creative, 3D Creative, Visual Merchandising and Retail Operations to ensure projects are briefed and delivered seamlessly
- Utilise strong leadership skills to develop event and project proposals to ensure they reflect the Selfridges vision and are market leading
- Ensure that Senior Leadership teams receive regular updates regarding all planned activity and act upon feedback where appropriate
- Generate and present detailed project reports analysing status and KPIs for senior audiences
Know What We're Looking For
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- Solid experience (5 – 8 years) working in Brand Events / Programming & Communications (preferably fashion / cultural sector)
- Excellent project management experience
- Experience managing teams and partners
- Experience working with VIP / HNWI
- Planning and project management (essential)
- Advanced Excel, power point
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to prioritise
- Extremely comfortable in a fast pace environment
- Used to taking initiative – a proactive self-starter when required, to deliver outcomes
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about taking market leading events to the next level. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About The Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development