Design Manager - CAD
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to deliver world class environments through highly professional design coordination and management? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in store design as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As part of your role as the Design Manager – CAD, you will:
- Manage a small team of two to three personnel ensuring distribution of workload and manage deliverables to key stakeholders
- Produce and issue accurate quarterly Space Management plans and reports, on time for all Selfridges Stores (individual responsible for specific areas) using CAFM software
- Maintain digital drawing data for all Selfridges sites (individual responsible for specific areas)
- Check survey and amend Selfridges base survey and all relevant working drawings
- Check, archive, file and update all for construction and as built drawings to provide a retrievable database for all Selfridges properties
- Respond to general CAD queries logged at within the agreed SLA of response within one day to communicate expected delivery time on a rota basis
- Create feasibility plan for strategic projects, highlighting retail potential, M&E information and retail v stock room square meter where required
- Produce planning layout (for Strategic projects) incorporating brand names and fixture layouts
- Produce accurate drawing data, design guidelines and phasing drawings.
- Produce licencing and leasing plans
- Produce planning application drawings
- Maintain cash desk and fitting room templates and the churn brand pack, ensuring high quality presentation and accurate and useful information
- Manage receiving, archiving and issue of CAD information in line with property procedures
- Publish CAD information to the business through maintenance of the appropriate Property pages of the company intranet
- Produce 3D models and visuals as appropriate to communicate ideas and aid decision making
You’ll be reporting into the Lead Design Manager whilst supporting the Design team, Property Team, Creative Team and Buying Team in all strategic planning and design related matters to deliver best in class solutions for all stores.
A bit about you
- Expertise in Autocad
- Experience with CAFM software
- Competent with Revit & BIM
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe Creative Suite ( Photoshop& InDesign)
- Experience managing a team
- Experience of suggesting ways of working which will improve efficiency across the team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent time keeping & project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, managing deliverables to various stakeholders
- Ability to challenge and influence
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about designing extraordinary environments. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development