Design Manager - Food
Are you looking for a new challenge that gives you the chance to deliver world class environments through highly professional design coordination and management? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in store design as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
As part of your role as the Design Manager – Food, you will:
- Manage the approval of brand shopfit projects through concept and detailed design stages
- Participate in post-project reviews and design analysis
- Work closely with the project management team to ensure design integrity is maintained at each stage of the design and delivery process
- Assist to coordinate the information supplied by the different strategic project work streams for strategic projects
- Attend architects meetings and Design team meetings with consultants
- Ensure internal communication to key stake holder and external consultants in line with outlined programme and ways of working
- Ensure timely and sufficient design information is passed to Project Manager’s and all other consultants for the delivery phase
- Adhere to Selfridges standards on how to produce strategic design guidelines, compartment design guidelines, project specific design guidelines and creation of temporary guidelines for churn projects, ensuring alignment throughout
- Ensure designs meet or exceed defined quality standards and compliance with requirements of legislation and/or external authorities
- Ensure internal design approvals and financial sanctions are obtained at appropriate stages
- Develop space tracking techniques and reporting in line with the needs of the business and or project
- Manage and adhere to Selfridges filing, archiving and communication standards to ensure to provide retrievable database for Selfridges’ property portfolio
- Encourage and promote an understanding of the Selfridges brand values amongst external consultants
- Work effectively with Design Manager and Design Coordinators to maintain a coordinated team with clear focus
You’ll be reporting into the Lead Design Manager whilst supporting the Design team, Property Team, Creative Team and Buying Team in all strategic planning and design related matters to deliver best in class solutions for all stores.
Know What We're Looking For
- ‘Expert’ understanding of the market place
- Innovative and highly commercial approach – able to develop and implement new ideas in cost effective ways
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Resilience and ability to work under pressure on many diverse projects
- In depth knowledge of interiors and other design related packages
- In depth Knowledge of Drawing packages and project specific drawings packs
- Knowledge of technical aspects of construction practice and practical site experience
- Experience in working large teams with different and varied di disciplines
- Experience in Larger Project delivery
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about designing extraordinary environments. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About The Company
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development