Are you looking for a Business Analyst opportunity that gives you the chance to assist stakeholders to articulate, refine and communicate their business needs in response to a problem or opportunity? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in IT as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
As our new Business Analyst you’ll analyse and review current ways of working to define and validate the business requirements. As part of this, you will:
- Plan and estimate (with support from the Senior Business Analyst) the business analysis activities and deliverables required within a given project
- Carry out stakeholder analysis, working with Business Change leads to define stakeholder maps and contribute to the communication and engagement plans
- Manage the risks and issues associated with business requirements definition and the broader business analysis activities, ensuring that the overall solution remains fit for purpose
- Clearly define and document the business problem or opportunity, and actively contribute to establishing the business case and gaining commitment to the change
- Creatively identify requirements using multiple techniques including (but not limited to) workshops, observation, interviews, and low fidelity mockups (wireframes and workflow modelling)
- Manage and track requirements as they move from discovery through to implementation. Identify when new requirements change the scope of the overall solution and ensure that the appropriate change control processes are followed, including accurate assessment of impacts
- Ensure that each business requirement has well defined and appropriate acceptance criteria
- For each business solution, validate the testing strategy and the test scenarios defined by the QA team. Ensure the appropriate level of test coverage is in place and that exception scenarios are well thought through
- Actively support the UAT, training and implementation activities (including warranty)
- Fully understand the implementation of existing solutions within the domain and how they fit with the overall systems architecture
You’ll be reporting into one of our Senior Business Analysts as well as working closely internally with the broader IS community and third parties.
Know What We're Looking For
- Relevant, similar business analysis experience in the Retail Industry in one or more of the following business areas: buying and merchandising, supply chain, marketing, CRM, digital, finance or HR
- Excellent written skills with the ability to produce a variety of specifications including logical data requirements, business process flows, user interface changes, use cases and 3rd party package specifications
- Ability to confidently present findings to stakeholders
- Extensive functional experience of retail front and back of house systems, such as Stock management, Store systems, Point of Sale and other Head Office functionality
- A clear, logical thinker who demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills
- Consistently develops and maintains strong, long term relationships with Stakeholders
- Must be able to understand business change needs, assess the impact of those changes capturing, analysing and documenting requirements
- Strong appreciation for user experience and evidences clear customer focus
This job is a brilliant opportunity to join a close-knit team who are incredibly passionate about improving the business analysis capability within Selfridges. If you’re looking to come into a new role and make a real impact, then this will be perfect for you.
About The Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development