Demi Chef De Partie
Are you looking for a Demi Chef De Partie role that gives you the chance to work in restaurants for one of the World’s most iconic department stores? Are you passionate about food and want to share your joy of good food with customers and team members from many different walks of life? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career in restaurants as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Know The Role
There is more to Selfridges than exclusive designer labels. In fact, over 20,000 customers dine at our cafés and restaurants each week (that’s a lot of customers!) If you can mirror the exceptional standard of service throughout the store, we can offer you an exciting environment with plenty of variety and loads of opportunities to grow.
As our new Demi Chef De Partie, you’ll deliver an extraordinary, personalised experience to our customers, catering to individual needs wherever possible. As part of this you will:
- Create and support an excellent experience whilst meeting sales, stock and profit targets.
- Actively look to develop knowledge of our customers, our products and our competitors to make sure we are always one step ahead.
- Follow health, safety and security procedures to ensure a safe environment for the rest of the team and for our customers too!
- Build and grow strong relationships to support effective working relationships with both FOH and BOH.
- Be curious and ambitious to identify opportunities or risks and share ideas to help improve the overall operation.
- Support with forward planning for deliveries, events and new product roll-outs as well as support with stock levels and prevent loss or waste.
- Embrace and immerse yourself as a part of our team, living Selfridges values and bringing a positive attitude to work with you each day!
- Get your hands dirty – sometimes we all have to help out with tasks that go beyond the role expectation.
You’ll be reporting into the Executive Chef as well as working closely internally with the Chef & Restaurant Team, Operations and Health and Safety.
Know What We're Looking For
- As a part of our team in restaurants, you’ll demonstrate a keen interest in delivering the world-class standards and customer experience that we are renowned for.
- Your communication skills will be first-class, and you'll enjoy interacting with customers and team members alike.
- You’ll need good knowledge of fresh foods and organic ingredients, as well as some knowledge of ethical and sustainable farming practices (ideally.)
- A positive, can-do attitude is what we love here, and you’ll always be prepared to go above and beyond for our customers.
This job is a brilliant opportunity to surround yourself by a diverse team, with experience across an array of catering and hospitality disciplines from which you can learn a great deal. It doesn’t just stop at restaurants either - we have lots of opportunities to get involved and collaborate on projects and in communities internally, so no two days will ever be the same. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
About The Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.