Senior Stylist, Womenswear - Digital
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a new Senior Stylist role in digital covering womenswear that gives you the chance to express your creative talents in an exciting, ever-evolving environment? Have you been searching for a fast-paced role where there’s always an opportunity to learn something new? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
As our Senior Online Stylist you will help implement and interpret the Selfridges creative vision through the styling and quality control of Online Shoots, ensuring that all styling is on brand and Selfridges appropriate. Reporting into the Digital Styling Manager you will act as a senior member of the Styling team; advising and guiding Stylists and Assistants whilst overseeing styling processes. You will support the Styling Manager and Assistant Styling Managers in all aspects of the daily running of the studio, being a point of contact in their absence. The aim of this role is to maintain best practices, not only to achieve very high standards of styling and imagery but also to maintain agreed efficiencies within the studios.
- Work with the Styling Manager and Assistant Styling Managers to lead and coordinate all Fashion represented on selfridges.com, ensuring that the Stylists, Stylist Assistants and Hair Stylists work efficiently and on brand.
- Support the Styling Management in the preparation of the day’s shoot.
- Work with Digital Trading and the Product team to ensure product issues are resolved and priority brands shot.
- Liaise with the Buying teams to ensure brand imagery is consistent with the business & brand vision.
- Build and maintain relationships with external brands, attending training sessions, requesting guidelines, samples and additional styling pieces when necessary, to ensure that brands are represented correctly on selfridges.com
- Work alongside the Styling Manager and Assistant Styling Managers to maintain and update the Style Guides, ensuring visual quality and consistency across all imagery.
- Organise and lead training sessions with the styling team and contribute to Styling Surgeries.
- Maintain and encourage a positive ‘can do’ atmosphere throughout the studios, which is conducive to high production levels and excellent quality of work.
- Draw inspiration from a variety of fashion media to influence styling ideas, helping the Selfridges website remain fresh and forward thinking.
A bit about you
This role requires a person with excellent brand knowledge and a very strong creative visual focus, as well as possessing strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of designers and brands, across womenswear and menswear.
- A real sense of runway looks and what trends are happening each season.
- Strong fashion and brand/competitor knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in giving direction
- Able to work well as part of a team in a highly pressurised environment.
- Strong fashion and styling sense, with the ability to incorporate new fashion trends.
- Luxury e-commerce experience.
- Confident in decision making and ability to influence
- Strong organisation skills, with a pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and an exceptional eye for detail.
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
The Fun Stuff
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development