Procurement Category Manager (12m FTC)
This job has been closed.
To manage and execute GNFR Procurement Category management activity to specified requirements, in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring an effective provision of service for Senior Category Stakeholders which maximises cost reduction opportunities, minimises risk to the business and meets the operational requirements of the spend area.
Position Reports To: Senior Procurement Manager
Travel: To Leicester (2-3 times a month) with travel to all other sites when required
Please note, whilst this position is based in our London HQ we are open to considering candidates closer to Leicester whom is open to travel between the two locations.
This opportunity is initially a 12 month fixed term contract.
Delivery of ‘value adding’ Operational and Strategic procurement service to internal customers, specifically:
- Scope and develop identified areas of opportunity across the specified GNFR category spend aligned to the needs of the spend area management
- Plan category activity over 3 year time frame, utilising key tools and activity trackers to deliver procurement sourcing projects in line with internal customer specifications
- Managing stakeholders in the enforcement of purchasing policies, standards and PSL’s
- Collaborating with other Category Managers to deliver a consistent approach in sourcing activity, agreement reviews, contract negotiations, benchmarking of rates and vendor relationship management
- Implement a commercial business partner approach with category stakeholders to develop
- Procurement led outcomes in new areas of spend and accountability
- Undertake regular and significant and multi dimension spend review/analysis to support category sourcing decisions
- Determine and implement a relationship type & segmentation approach with strategic suppliers
Know The Role
Purchasing Activity and Category Management
- Commission, execute and deliver, senior level procurement projects to agreed timelines and business wide objectives (commercial, legal, ethical and sustainability).
- Category managing of purchasing requirements and contract management solutions in a clear concise manner, which demonstrate the financial and operational benefits for the business and category stakeholders
- Ensure projects delivered 'on time' within quality/specification tolerances, complying with legal, regulatory and company standards
- Assist Senior Procurement Manager in challenging existing purchasing processes, customs and practices to adopt improved ways to fulfil company wide Procurement requirements
- Facilitate the prioritisation of projects which deliver benefits, screened & selected on an opportunity and/or risk based approach.
- Manage and plan project activity and contract reviews in a timely manner ensuring key milestones are clearly defined using PERT, GANTT charts and RACI considerations
- Conduct negotiations and implement appropriate tactics to achieve a favourable outcome
- Responsible for implementing regular reviews of spend categories through benchmarking, rationalisation and aggregation opportunities
- Build close working relationships with the Finance business partners to strengthen Procurement planning and activity in a proactive and cohesive manner
- Reactive support to meet audit findings and a continuous improvement ethos to remove waste across business purchasing processes and supply chain.
- Build a strong and dynamic list of suppliers for category area with regular review, due diligence and verification to ensure the suppliers remain robust to meet business wide requirements.
- Managing the identification, development and expansion of key relationships with internal customers to service Category Management requirements
- 'Share knowledge and recommend/tailor the best solution for customers and team members selecting the appropriate sourcing fulfilment route
- Involvement in regular meetings with key contacts to identify Category activity and purchasing performance and service.
- Build the customer base and spend area knowledge, utilising a combination of tenders, projects, and e-sourcing activity
- Jointly accountable for category results along with project sponsors
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to assist in outlining project scope, goals, budgets and timings
- Task considerations, expectations and deliverables to be a key component driving activity
- Close working relationship with Senior Procurement Manager, to manage and implement procurement strategies and general awareness of the team
- Reporting and measurement tools to ensure a consistent delivery of service and quality
- Regular reporting of key monthly management information for accurate forecasting, tracking of cost reductions and savings
- Managing the completion of departmental work in progress updates and reports demonstrating key achievements
Know What We're Looking For
- Graduate/ working towards Charted Institute of Purchasing (CIPS) or relevant senior level
- Procurement experience
- Procurement Category Management model
- Spend analytics and diagnostics
- Supplier relationship management and performance measurement
- Multi project oriented approach to sourcing activity
Technical Skills/Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Essential knowledge of MS Excel to a highly proficient level
- Creating and managing tenders and requests for service
- Knowledge of Project management tools
- Strong negotiation skills and tactics
About The Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development