Procurement Category Support (Analytics) 6 Month FTC
This job has been closed.
To support and coordinate GNFR Procurement Category Management led activity to specified requirements, in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring an effective provision of service for Procurement Category Managers and Stakeholders. Overall objective is to implement cost reduction opportunities, minimise third party risk to the business and delivery of day to day operational requirements.
- Reports To: Procurement Category Manager;
- Position Based: Leicester;
- Travel: To London (2-3 times a month) with travel to all other sites when required.
Please note this vacancy is initially a 6 month fixed term contract.
Know The Role
Key Purchasing and Category Support Activity
- Work closely with Procurement Category Manager to co-ordinate procurement projects to agreed timelines and business wide andards across commercial, legal, ethical and sustainability.
- Complete purchasing requirements and contract management solutions in a clear concise manner, which demonstrate the financial and operational benefits for the business and category stakeholders
- Assist Category Manager in challenging existing purchasing processes, customs and practices to adopt improved ways to fulfil company wide Procurement requirements
- Implement the prioritisation of projects which deliver benefits, screened & selected on an opportunity and/or risk based approach.
- Deliver project activity and contract reviews in a timely manner ensuring key milestones as indicated in PERT, GANTT charts are considered and met
- Support negotiations and implement appropriate tactics to achieve a favourable outcome
- Provide assistance in regular analytical and performance measurement through benchmarking, rationalisation and aggregation opportunities
- Build close working relationships with the Finance business partners to strengthen Procurement planning and activity in a proactive and cohesive manner
- Reactive support to meet audit findings and a continuous improvement ethos to remove waste across business purchasing processes and supply chain.
- Support the management of a strong and dynamic list of suppliers for category area with regular review, due diligence and verification to ensure the suppliers remain robust to meet business wide requirements.
- Maintain key relationships with internal customers to service Category Management requirements
- 'Share knowledge and recommend/tailor the best solution for customers and team members selecting the appropriate sourcing fulfilment route
- Involvement in regular meetings with key contacts to identify Category activity and purchasing performance and service.
- Build the customer base and spend area knowledge, utilising a combination of tenders, projects, and e-sourcing activity
- Regular reporting of key monthly management information for accurate forecasting, tracking of cost reductions and savings
- Managing the completion of departmental work in progress updates and reports demonstrating key achievements
- Day to co-ordination of Contract Management Solution
Know What We're Looking For
- Graduate/working towards Charted Institute of Purchasing (CIPS)
- Working within Procurement/Purchasing Category Management model
- Spend/data analytics and diagnostics
- Supplier relationship management and performance measurement
- Multi project oriented approach to sourcing activity
Technical Skills/Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Essential knowledge of MS Excel to a highly proficient level
- Creating and managing tenders and requests for service
About The Company
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development