Senior Health and Safety Advisor
This job has been closed.
As Senior Health & Safety Advisor, you will predominantly work across the London Oxford Street store, with occasional visits to Birmingham Bullring, Manchester Exchange and Manchester Trafford stores providing advice and assistance. The purpose of the role is ultimately to improve health & safety culture and deliver safe operational practices.
A bit about the role
Incident and Accident Management
- Investigate and record incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health. Establishing immediate cause, contributory factors and root cause with an agreed action plan to reduce/eliminate future incidents and accidents.
- Liaise with relevant authorities as and when required.
- Liaise with Customer Services to discuss any incidents/accidents involving customers.
- Investigate insurance claims as required to satisfy the requirements of our insurers and their agents.
- Complete risk assessments and area inspections with area managers, agree action plans if applicable and support the progress through these actions.
- Complete personal risk assessments as required to support team members
- Analyse data from both leading and lacking indicators and produce monthly reports for all stores and areas of the business
- Work with key stakeholders discussing findings of data analysis and the impact on their activity – lowering risks, increasing knowledge and improving behaviours and performance
Driving ways of working
- Maintain awareness of changes within current Health & Safety legislations to ensure continued compliance and up to date advice and support
- Support and contribute to creating robust and up to date policies and raising awareness of these policies amongst relevant parties
- Support with wellbeing and occupational health referral programs
- The key stakeholders for this role are the Site Management Team, Visual Merchandising, Marketing and Events and this role will partner with them to ensure the delivery of projects are safe and comply with health & safety policies and legislation
- Work with the Learning and Development team and Retail Training team to create and deliver Health & Safety training
- Proactively identify training needs and opportunities and support the delivery of them to relevant parties throughout the business
A bit about you
- Membership of IOSH (Tech or Grad status, or working towards)
- Essential - NEBOSH General Certificate qualification
- Desirable - NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent or working towards
- Currently working within a Health & safety role at Advisor level or equivalent
- Retail experience is advantageous but not essential
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, undergoing change and growth
- Use of MS Office
- Sound knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills:
- Strong at building working relationships with key stakeholders across all levels – highly approachable and a strong communicator with the ability to influence behaviours
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a very fast paced environment
- Highly self-motivated individual with strong prioritisation skills
- Flexible approach to suit the needs of the business with a high level of care taken in each task
- Strong team player but can also work autonomously to deliver results
- Passionate about Health, Safety and Retail
A bit about us
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development