Head of Buying - Womenswear
This job has been closed.
Are you looking for a Head of Buying role that gives you the chance to provide customers with the latest womenswear trends ensuring the very best ranges are sourced and selected? Are you looking for a company that wants to help further your career in Buying as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
A bit about the role
The main duties and responsibilities of the role of Head of Buying – Womenswear are as follows:
- Work with the Director of Menswear & Womenswear to develop, implement and deliver the creative strategy for womenswear to maximise sales and hit profit targets
- Use sales and performance information to steer the womenswear Buying team to maximise opportunities
- Reinforce the brand by ensuring the desired quality standards for fabric, colour and fit are achieved and sustainably sourced in line with our buying better/inspiring change initiative
- Be passionate about the space where you’ll demonstrate exceptional awareness of competitors and external trends
- Continually strive to improve and build mutually effective supplier relationships, as well as identify new sourcing opportunities and provide focused, clear development direction to the current supplier base
- Analyse trading patterns, advising teams and ensuring appropriate action is taken in the event of unforeseen sales reactions
- Ensure the team buys a commercially viable product range that reflects the brand image and incorporates current trends. You’ll be key in building, retaining and developing a high performing team with an emphasis on succession planning
- Motivate and engage the team by building a solid, positive working environment, helping to coach them in their development and celebrate their successes
- Partner with the Merchandising team to plan the OTB and to monitor and review in season, taking action or making recommendations to the Director of Menswear & Womenswear where necessary
- Set the creative direction that positions Selfridges at the forefront of womenswear fashion
- Drive and implement creative new concepts for our customer base
- Partner with our wider digital team to manage the availability and offering of product online ensuring the best possible online customer experience
A bit about you
Key skills, experience and qualifications
- Experience of implementing and delivering creative strategy for womenswear to maximise sales and hit profit targets
- The ability to analyse sales and performance information to steer the Womenswear Buying team to maximise opportunities
- Exceptional awareness of competitors and external trends
- Experience of improving and building supplier relationships
- The ability to identify new sourcing opportunities and provide focused, clear development direction to the current supplier base
- Skilled in analysing trading patterns, advising teams and ensuring appropriate action is taken in the event of unforeseen sales reactions
- Experience of building, retaining and developing a high performing team with an emphasis on succession planning
- Proven experience of motivating and engaging a team by building a solid, positive working environment, helping to coach them in their development and celebrate their successes
- Previous experience of planning the OTB and monitoring and reviewing in season, taking action or making recommendations where necessary
- Experience of driving and implementing creative new concepts for our customer base
- Previous experience of partnering with wider digital teams to manage the availability and offering of products online ensuring the best possible online customer experience
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development