Actor - Toys Department (Full Time & Part Time)
This job has been closed.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Are you passionate about drama and fancy a role that’s a little out of the ordinary? Are you outgoing and love to spend your time interacting with people? Are you a natural entertainer who particularly enjoys working with children?
Then you’re the kind of person we’re looking for.
A bit about the role
Every day at Selfridges we strive to surprise, amaze and amuse our customers. With visitors from all over the world, it will be your role to ensure that Selfridges is the ultimate shopping destination for your clients and customers.
As well as wearing a costume that will transform you into one of our Character Performers, you will have a keen commercial mind, proven sales skills and plenty of initiative. You will have the ability to lead and inspire your team as well as train them on your department by sharing your wide knowledge as a brand expert.
It'll be your job to make tell and share your stories!
A bit about you
- Skills in either performance, theatre and music (or all three!) would be amazing to truly make the most of this role.
- Luxury experience is desired but not essential.
- You must be committed to learning all about your brand/character and sharing that knowledge with customers in an inspiring and engaging way.
- You will thrive working in a fast-paced environment and deliver faultless, luxury service even when under pressure.
- Creating extraordinary customer experiences will be at the forefront of your role to ensure that our values and visions are made a reality.
- An interest in toys and a love of working with children would also be a great benefit!
A bit about us
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.