Computer Service Analyst
Selfridges today is more than just the sum of its products - it's a shopping experience that promises to surprise, amaze and amuse its customers by delivering extraordinary customer experiences. Our people are central to us achieving this.
Know The Role
- 2nd line support of PC and Mac issues
- 2nd line support of instore EPOS systems.
- Backup to VIP / Executive Support person.
- 2nd line support for iPhones, iPads and other mobile devices.
- Ensure the day to day operational tasks that are necessary to provide a stable and robust environment are performed.
- Effective ownership and communication of open service impacting issues.
- Continue learning and training, keeping abreast of developments and innovation within their field
- Provide support and coaching as required to other team members less experienced in the nominated technical and / or functional areas.
- Implement the effective and timely transfer of support issues from 2nd line to 1st line or 3rd line as appropriate.
- Identify trends and root cause in driving improvements or upgrades as necessary
- Delivery of own performance against SLA, attaining agreed metrics for all services
- Participation in IT projects and ensure capability to support changes post go live
- Participation in all areas of ITIL processes, both reactive and proactive, to ensure a seamless service
- Compliance with business and IS quality management, risk management, security policies and procedures
Know What We're Looking For
- Excellent understanding of service delivery processes
- Experience of VIP Support and the associated pressures and urgency
- Providing a personal service to VIP’s off site and in personal spaces.
- Experience in a similar role Proven track record of customer satisfaction
- Operational support experience
- ITIL awareness
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Process and Procedure experience (development and implementation)
- Experience of operating with a high level of autonomy
- MS Office
- Email and Microsoft Outlook
- Windows 8.1 and 10
- MacOS 10.13+
- PC & Mac hardware, peripheral commissioning and setup
- PC & Mac Diagnostics and fault finding.
- Basic Networking Skills including patching,
- Virus management and Cleanup.
- Experience of a computerised call logging application
- Remote control and remote access product sets
- Mobile technology (iPhone, iPad)
- EPOS and retail Till systems
- PED / PDQ Experience
- Video Conferencing
- Projectors, TV, Audio Systems
Desirable Product Knowledge:
- Windows Defender
- General knowledge of Windows applications
- Preferably knowledge of one or more of the following: Autocad, Hyperion/essbase, Ghost, Coda,
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Malware and Virus cleanup tools
- Skilled in problem diagnosis and resolution
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer focused
- Good planning and organisation skills;
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to follow tasks through to completion
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Logical Approach to Problem Solving
- Dealing with unexpected issues with little preparation
About The Company
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work