We are currently recruiting for a full time VM Assistant in the Trafford store.
Know The Role
- You’ll assist with the VM presentation of your area.
- You’ll also assist with product presentation and the setting and agreeing of standards and benchmarks against competitors.
- You should be proactively involved in implementing themed installations within your departments, working within a close knit cross-functional team that is able to ‘Own It & Deliver’.
- You’ll work with the rest of the Visual Merchandising team and the Retail Operations team to build on their understanding of merchandising standards and maintenance.
- You’ll also work closely with key contacts in Buying & Merchandising and Retail Operations to agree brand adjacencies and product layouts in order to maximise sales potential, supported by the Senior Visual Merchandiser.
- You’ll regularly perform comparative ‘shops’ of new and inspirational places to maintain an understanding and awareness of competition, direction and key brands.
Know What We're Looking For
- You will be a good representative of the Visual department.
- Consider both the internal and external customer in all activities, including department layout, merchandising and presentation.
- Maintain all vinyl signage and branding; including ordering, installation and delivering consistent standards.
- Perform floor walks each morning to check and maintain basic recovery standards and make sure that actions are carried out prior to store opening.
- Assist and support the Senior Visual Merchandiser and your line manager in communicating standards and guidelines.
- Ensure your area is organised so it runs effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrate good standards in the Visual studio and storage areas and with fixtures and tool kits.
- Comply with our Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures and ‘Show & Earn Respect’ to your tools, equipment and environment.
- You must also work to our company policies and procedures, e.g. absences, time, attendance and holidays, etc.
- A Creative/Art background would be an advantage
- Work placements in VM departments
- Retail Operations experience
- Good planning and organising skills
- Creative understanding and the ability to translate this into practical solutions
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
Personal Attributes/Behavioural Skills
- Good communication skills
- A ‘Pacey & Positive’ working attitude and the ability to inspire it in those around you
About The Company
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to achieving this. Team members across our business maintain our vision through the values we live day-to-day and the unique Selfridges spirit we bring to every project.
Just as we create an extraordinary experience for our customers, we are dedicated to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work. Being part of the Selfridges community offers many opportunities and unique experiences. As Harry Gordon Selfridge once said, ‘There’s no fun like work!’
This vacancy may be closed ahead of the advertised closing date should high volumes of applications be received.